No Commencement Prayer

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by satellite66, May 6, 2006.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Interesting answer, lets take a closer look at this.

Chris·tian (kr[​IMG]s[​IMG]ch[​IMG]n)

[size=-1]ADJECTIVE: [/size]

1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
    2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
    3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
    4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
    5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
    [size=-1]NOUN: [/size]

1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
    2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.
    Ok, now I'll ask the question again.
  2. Green

Green New Member

Read my whole post. It is not hard to understand. And, again,The Christian religion. Who else?
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Damn, and all this time reading the Bible, I thought the Ten Commandments was given to Moses on the Mount. Let's see, Moses, uhuh, I really think so, wasn't he..................., now correct me if I'm wrong...........................

HEBREW?????

DOH, YOU JUST BLEW IT THERE GREEN!!!!!!!
  4. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

SEMPER FI BUBBA------------ :cool:
  5. Bernie109

Bernie109 Former Guest

Governemnt cannot establish faith. Governemnt however should reflect the faith of the people. The religious right want this to be a "Christian nation" This denotes somethking from the top down and cannot nor should not be done.
    A "Nation of Christians" Is another matter. If the majority of the nations are people of faith, thier voting record should reflect that. A Christian can never vote to have governemnt redefine marriage, make adultery ok, abort unwanted babies, or call upon the governemnt to do anuthing God considers an abomination.
    It is our lack of absoutes that is the root of many of our problems.
    God says "You shall not steal" We say You cannot be blamed for stealing if you are poor.
    God says "You shall not commit adultery," We say go ahead, jus tuse a condom
    God says "You shall not murder" We say you can't be blamed for it if you rvictim deserves it.
    Jesus said "There are none rightous" We say There are no bad people, only those who are not being paid enough to be good.
  6. imnrm

imnrm New Member

Correct me if I am wrong but do not the minutes kept from the Continental Congress indicate multiple prayers being offered during their meetings? If I understand correctly they would offer several in a row so that multiple religions were represented. Wasn't one of their first acts of the Congress to create a day of Thanksgiving to adore the superintending Providence of Almighty God; to acknowledge with gratitude their obligation to Him for benefits received and to implore such further blessing as they stand in need of? Even if the seperation of church and state is misinterpreted as those who fight against public prayer would have you believe, how does that violate anyone elses rights any more than my rights are being infringed upon to not be able to worship as I choose to in public? Simply hearing a prayer does not impose or force you to worship as I do. There is no basis for argument against public prayer and displays of worship. Should we start demanding that yarmulkes, turbans, rosaries, crosses, statues, be kept in the home and not in public places? Those all denote a specific religions.