No competition, just shooting for group

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Old Grump, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Got my new steel roof on yesterday and it was so quiet and peaceful after the roofers left I thought I would celebrate by shooting something. I have new to me Federal Hyda shock JHP ammo and I thought I would try it out as a substitute for my old tried and true SP ammo I usually use. It shot a lot lower so by the time I got to 25 yards I had to move elevation up 4 clicks. 97 when I started and 100 when I quit and since I was shaking pretty good I thought I would hold off on 50 and 100 till I cooled down a wee bit.

The drill is shoot at 7 yards, 10 yards, 25 yards and if you are able to then 50 yards and 100 yards. 5 consecutive shots per target, first target one hand, second target two hand, third target from a rest, any rest as long as it isn't tied down like a ransom rest, sandbags are fine. Then move to 10 yards and repeat. You can use any target, we are not shooting for score but group size. Measure group as the distance between the two most distant bullet holes measured from the middle of the hole. Measure in MM because it's more accurate and we can all use the same scale. Post your measurement on the target.

Any iron sighted centerfire handgun. You can enter as often as you want with as many calibers as you want. Post your ammo and what you were shooting with and a picture of the gun. Below is an example of what I am looking for on your targets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

IMO, good thread Old Grump and hope to add to it in the up-coming days.
    I've been, just as of late, wanting to get back out and get some handgun-open sights shooting in.
    The S&W .357 DCM is in bad need of lead down the barrel!
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

...nice shooting by the way.
  4. bobski

bobski Former Guest

youre learning. youll get better with time. keep practicing.