1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

warpig883
    (10/26/01 8:26:45 pm)
    Reply no feedback
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have only bought one gun and a few smaller things off the internet. Tonight for the first time I looked to see what feedback I had left for me. Practically nothing. Only one seller left feedback. I do everything I can to get the money order in the mail usually by the next day if possible. I post favorable feedback for them and these guys cannot even take one minute of their time to do the same. If they are mad about the transaction then they could at least post negative feedback but these clowns are to lazy even for that. Is this normal? I still had the e-mail for one of the guys and I mailed him and asked him to post feedback so I will see what heppens with that one.

The gun I bought has been to long ago and I cannot even find it one the auction site to get the jerks e-mail or I would give him hell also.
    I am not happy unless I am miserable

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/26/01 8:45:58 pm)
    Reply Re: no feedback
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There are a lot of folks that get lazy and don't post feedback. I must have concluded over 75 transactions on Auction Arms, and have left feedback for nearly every one of them (as far as I can remember - I may have missed a few) but the feedback I have received only totals about 26. At least it is all positive - at least it was - I haven't looked in the past two weeks.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (10/27/01 11:12:03 am)
    Same thing here. As far as auction arms is concerned, it is a little more difficult to leave feedback. I would like to see a system like ebay uses for the other auction sites. I have one seller that I am a repeat buyer for. The first auction I left positive feedback for him, the second auction I won, I'm thinking about leaving feedback saying something like..great item super fast shipping, but this seller does not post any feedback.
    The way I see it is if you are the seller and you received payment in a timely manner, you should post feedback then, when the buyer receives the item, is when the buyer should post feedback.
    I've had many sellers wait until I posted feedback for them before they posted any feedback.
    This problem seems to be mostly on GB and AA's. I haven't ran into it on ebay as often.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

cointoss 2
    (10/27/01 7:38:18 pm)
    Re: no feedback
    I started recently telling sellers that after they left feedback for me then I would leave their's and it does make a difference. I have been in too many were you never get a response even after leaving them theirs so I just switched it around, and if they are to lazy or figure that they have such a high rating that thet don't need my rating than I save myself some time.
    cointoss2

warpig883
    (10/27/01 10:02:49 pm)
    Great idea Cointoss. Thanks.
    I am not happy unless I am miserable

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/22/02 10:13:48 pm)
    I won two auctions on GB yesterday,and I was blown away that I only have a plus one rating.I emailed the sellers that because of lack of posting feedback on sellers part that I would no longer leave feedback untill feedback was left for me.

Also it's been over 24 hours and they haven't contacted me,guess not to eager to answer emails or get their money.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (1/22/02 11:02:21 pm)
    When I first started on Brand X auctions, this was important to me.....I felt the need to have feedback in order to sell or buy......giving confidence to both me the seller or buyer. I have since come to this conclusion, this is a personal problem and I used to remove feedback that I gave people if they did not receipricate. I then decided to leave feedback and return that, that I had removed. The way I see it is simple, it`s still advertising. I look through all feedback on auctions with a bid history, sellers and buyers. I sometimes find a bidder/buyer of mine......but I also look at good feedback profiles of others too, as I may find something that interest me. If my feedback showed as many replies as sales, I would not venture to guess where it would be. I estimate (for me) I receive a rating for every 6 to 8 sales on average......but have yet to receive any in quite some time...Oh well, at least I got some. My rules are pretty simple.....I post feedback at the same time funds and FFL are received, then contact the buyer with that information and a shipping date with a tracking number; If I am the buyer, I post when the item arrives and not until. I have received a few items that were hanging out of the box and damaged, always liked the seller of these items responce`s to me. It was boxed good when it was shipped, an eight pound rifle loose without wrapping inside a oversized box and the barrel sticking out 12" and the front sight knocked off. If you receive anything from me.....be prepared to spend some time unpacking it.....I TAKE THE TIME!!! I KNOW MAGNUMAN!!! and how he handles packages. Mine are Gorilla proof! JMHO and that ain`t worth much.....

If you get anything from Doc or Bob, get out the razor and crowbar......their the same way, a days adventure to unwrap the box!!! hehehehehe wrapping pro`s.....wild hogseat better! LTS

AntiqueDr
    (1/22/02 11:25:51 pm)
    I agree completely with LTS's feedback policy. I give out way more feedback than I receive, been stuck on 99 for some time now...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/23/02 12:20:55 am)
    Yep, I agree with LTS & Doc also and I do the same
    and I pack to withstand, I too have been stuck at
    basically the same numbers for awhile and I always
    leave feedback, could be that new users don't
    always know how to use the feedback feature
    and or aren't even aware of that feature, I have
    had a few email me in the past saying that they'd
    like to leave feedback but don't know how to do it,
    so I just explained it, but some are just interested in
    buy/sell and move on, it really doesn't bother me too
    much either anymore if they don't leave feedback, it
    probably would if I was just starting out though.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

shooter22
    (1/23/02 1:04:43 am)
    That LTS is the only way to deal with feedback. Is has been my policy for some time now. IF I am selling, I even put this in my description. When I receive money or payment, the buyer has done his part. And I expect him to do the same when he receives the package.

warpig883
    (1/23/02 6:01:17 am)
    I got another gun of AA a month ago. I told the seller if he left feedback for me I would do so for him. As of a week ago he had done nothing. I left some for him anyway. It probably is not so important if I only stay a buyer.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Bob In St Louis
    (1/23/02 8:31:59 am)
    I have about 27 or 28 feedbacks on my name at AA - I probably have been involved in well over 100 transactions. Normally I give feedback everytime, but it just seems in the past three months nobody has been returning the feedback favor - I guess I am starting to get a bit cynical, and I haven't been leaving the feedback as much.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

TallTLynn
    (1/23/02 9:09:19 am)
    LTS isn't joking about how he packs stuff - dang took me forever to open it. Same with AntiqueDr. and BobinStLouis.

However, I don't buy from GunBroker or AuctionArms or E-Bay. I buy from people I somewhat know.
    TLynn

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/5/02 12:32:19 am)
    I only deal on GB and I find if people get good service they are very pleased to leave feedback. I am creeping up on 600 entries, 1 F(it was bogus and GB wouldn't remove it) 1 C and 1 B all the others are A+ and it does really make a difference in the confidence level when a bidder has to sends lots on money to a stranger.

Zigzag2
    (2/5/02 8:04:11 am)
    I had something strange happen over the weekend. I was looking at a pistol on AA from a NON-rated member and e-mailed the guy for more information. He told me what he'd take.
    He seemed nice enough. The auction closed without a reserve being met. I emailed the Guy and told him I'd take the gun.
    Well, I didn't hear back from him. I e-mailed a second time
    Out of curiosity, I began checking the other 4-5 auctions he ran. None sold... and out of all the bidders only a couple were even rated. Needless to say, buy this time I'm smellin' fish!