No hiding place from new U.S. Army rifles that use radio-controlled smart bullets

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by RunningOnMT, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats the critter but added smarts , the range finder spots the exact range , feeds it in

so bushes and such dont give it a fake reading it know how far it travels on the fast clock and goes bang at the right time , spraying the area you want , on ours you can hand subtract meters to detonate so you laze the back of the bad guys trench and subtract a meter on the range and shoot .. good stuff
  2. ofitg

ofitg New Member

3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I watched this newbe on TV (Military Chanel) about a year ago. It is impressive! Like a lot of you guys, I'm an old fart, but the boys, and girls, that are in country right now have grown up with technology that we older folks think is crazy. These new troups like these new Gizmos, and Gee Whizz bang up thingies! I've seen interviews with these young troups carring around TV's on their guns, and all kinds of electronic equipment attached to their uniforms, and they love this stuff!
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I don't know how well that system will work, but talking about marksmanship training with conventional weapons is really not relevant. Not even the best target shooter can hit something or someone he or she can't see and not even the most powerful conventional solid bullet from a shoulder rifle will penetrate brick and mortar walls.

Expensive? Sure, but if it works, mass production will bring the cost down. But arming everyone with that weapon? I think not. It is still a support weapon, like a mortar but smaller and lighter.

Jim