no luck at gun show...where to buy Colt M1991A1s online

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 9, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Snakeyez77
    (2/22/03 9:15:37 pm)
    Reply No luck at gun show...where to buy NIB Colt M1991A1s online?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well guys, the gun show I went to today was TERRIBLE! There were very few pistols there at all. What pistols were there were HIGHLY priced for the most part. I didn't see a single pistol like what I wanted. So, I'm turning to you guys for help now. Can you point me to a great site online to buy what I'm looking for?

I want a new-in-box (brand new, never fired) Colt M1991A1 stainless .45, Government model. I want the new rollmark. I wanna pay $625 or less. I've checked on www.gunbroker.com as well as www.gunsamerica.com and I'm just not sure about what I'm doing. I mean, I've bought things on Ebay, but I've never bought firearms online! How do you feel about buying firearms online?

People advertise that their pistols are NIB (new in box), but then proceed to say they have a modified trigger and/or modified sights. How can it be NIB if it's modified any? Yes, I do know that you can buy some special edition/customized guns. But a majority of these appear to be owner-modified.

Is there anyone/anyplace you guys could point me to that would be a great place to buy? Heck, if you found a great auction/deal, post the link here.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks again guys, it's a joy being a part of all this!

Lance

shogans
    (2/23/03 10:17:04 pm)
    Reply Where to buy guns
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Snake,

With out a doubt the best place to buy guns is CDNN Investments. This place is truely no doubt the best deal in town. Period.

Now you can download their pdf sale flyer from their web site it's about 11 megs and takes a while (its got all the sale items including guns on sale). (by the way their web site does not show a single gun), I have a feeling it has somthing to do with their distributorship status.

But the flyer may or may not have the gun your looking for; the best thing to do is call them.

www.cdnninvestments.com

blowsomethingup
    (2/23/03 10:26:43 pm)
    Reply Re: Where to buy guns
    gunfinder.net
    $580 and up,great people there.bought a few weapons from them.

shogans
    (2/24/03 9:55:34 am)
    Reply Call them
    Call 800-588-9500

Snakeyez77
    (2/24/03 8:47:20 pm)
    Reply Re: Call them
    shogans:
    who is "them"? What does this # go to?

Thanks for the advice ppl.

shogans
    (2/24/03 9:51:57 pm)
    Reply Them
    Them is Cdnn-Investments they have New & used guns too.

fredarmory
    (2/25/03 9:46:36 pm)
    Reply Re: No luck at gun show...where to buy NIB Colt M1991A1s onl
    LOOK carefully-- www.colt.com is good--!
    Lately I have found hundreds of web hounds trying to sell
    their overabundant stock of junk guns on the net.
    The problem exists where there are, not enough laws about the sale, on the net of anything!!
    Often trying to save too much, is the same as cheating yourself, although I know they are the cheaters!!

Snakeyez77
    (2/25/03 9:54:12 pm)
    fredarmory, I don't think I can buy a regular Colt 1991A1 straight from Colt....it says so on their site. I think I could possibly order a custom somehow, but that's not what I want.

I did find someone on gunsamerica.com that seems reputable and has satisfied all my questions. I think I will deal with her as soon as I get the money.

fredarmory
    (2/25/03 10:04:57 pm)
    You have the right to do what you want but,
    you could have a dealer near you order from Colt just as easily, as a transfer, from another seller too!!

Snakeyez77
    (2/26/03 8:33:00 am)
    fredarmory, that's what I wanted to do! I tried it though, and my local dealer said he couldn't get any in right now, and when he could it would be $669 PLUS TAX! I can get this one online for $655 total, no tax. I would so much rather put my hand on the one I want first before I buy, but it's not worth paying $60+ more. Now with that said, I'm not ordering from the cheapest person I've seen out there, the deal looks too shady. But $625 for this gun seems reasonable, I'm just dodging sales tax and a lil bit more.

I'm going to be charged $20 for the transfer, so the total would be $675, total. It seems reasonable to me. The person I'm talking to about it has assured me that the pistol is brand new in box with warranty, and has NEVER been fired, and came straight from Colt to her. She also has good feedback. I'm hoping it all turns out ok. I'm being cautious.

I would rather buy from a local, but it just costs too much!

All my local dealer wanted me to buy was a $750 Kimber. Don't get me wrong, Kimber is awesome, but beyond my spending limit. I want this plain Colt. I may add a nice guide rod later or something, but I don't need the full blown custom Kimber.

shogans
    (2/27/03 11:11:57 pm)
    Reply did you
    Did you call CDNN investments and at least check their price. I use to buy my guns just like your doing now. And never had any problems oh nope I take that back that rifle had a broken trigger and it cost me more to fix it.

Anyhow CDNN can sell you brand spanking new with warranty and they have an 800 number. And the gun dealer I used for transfer said yah it kinda sucks for him because they are selling at wholesale price. YOU WILL SAVE MONEY. I learned about them from the gun review site.