No More Ammo!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by carver, Jan 8, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Anyone heard about CA banning all orders from ammo dealers on line? I got an e-mail form a friend that stated that S&W was no longer selling to CA.
    http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...rminates-mail-order-ammo-sales-in-california/

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed AB 962 yesterday. Consequently, effective February 1, 2011, Californians will have to provide complete personal information, plus a thumbprint, to buy pistol ammunition. In addition, the bill requires that all pistol ammo sales be “face to face”. This could effectively ban mail-order ammunition sales in California. Cabela’s, a leading outdoor retailer, has told customers that it will stop shipping ammo to California if AB 962 became law.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

oh damn, guess the zombies will take over commifornia first...
  3. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

Yes I recieved a notice from Cabela's right before Jan 1 stating to buy ammo now because it would no longer sell my mail order. Stupid California politicians.
  4. RustyFN

RustyFN New Member

Yes that has been going around the different forums for around six months that I recall.
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

be interesting to see what happens
  6. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

i was reading back before christmas about california stopping internet orders on bulk ammo wonder who will be next and try to follow
  7. JohnTheCalifornian

JohnTheCalifornian Member

I am currently stocking up on 22 lr. Only thing I dont reload for. Yes, the law is insane. There are 3 lawsuits in the works challenging the new law, last I knew, one was dismissed. So hopefully, one of the other two will get this new law overturned.
  8. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

I just ordered a case of my favorite target pistol ammo, CCI Std Vel. It shoots well in ALL my many target pistols. I now have enough to last many years.

Several states and countries have tried this registration of ammo sales only to find it does nothing for crime control and the book keeping costs far exceed the estimates. Eventually states drop the whole program.

The law looming on the CA horizon is the micro stamping of the firing pin law. It has been passed and is law but it contains a clause that forbids its implementation until there is more than one source for patented process. The company that owns the patent is not allowing others to use the patent at this point in time so the law sits on the books unimplemented. We're ahead on that one. The law is stupid as anyone can pickup range brass with others microstanmping on it and simply throw it on the ground at the crime scene. The police could spend many hours chasing down blind alleys. in addition bad guys don't buy and register gun. They steal them or buy stolen guns. The microstamping is easily removed with a touch of the firing pin to a grinder. Stupid law! I think the liberal California legislature took too much dope and it has effected their minds.

LDBennett