1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

No More Kimber

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Hydra Shok, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Well, remember the $200 Kimber I aquired a few months ago? I don't have it anymore. I took it with me to the gun show that we had in the area this weekend and.......traded it. Yes, I traded it. I found a dealer from Dothan that had a loooong table of goodies, and had a few things that I had been wanting, but no money to purchase them. The sign they had said "buy, sell, trade " so I asked if they like to trade, the guy says "yes, what do you have?"
    I showed him my Kimber. He looks at it for about 1.5 seconds and says "what do you want?" I said I would like the Kel-Tec P-32, his eyes go wide thinking, I bet, " that's it?", and the Taurus Millennium PT 111 I said. He thought for about 2.5 seconds and says "ok". The Kimber was awesome as far as accuracy, it was a target pistol, but I had been wanting something lighter, and easier to conceal. The Kel-Tec is for my wife, boy was she suprised, the Taurus is for me. Being a 1911 fan, it was hard to look at something so "GLOCKish", but after doing some online research and interrogating a few owners I found I thought I would check it out. First thing, it is plastic :rolleyes: , it does look GLOCKish :rolleyes: , but the grip angle is very similar to the 1911, unlike the GLOCK. Well, the wife and I are gonna take em out this weekend and see what they can do. I still have my Firestorm, so I can still post in the 1911 forum, right? :D
  2. denfoote

denfoote New Member

I'd be more upset if you had gotten rid of a Springfield!!
    What Firestorm do you have?? I want the one that is Commander sized!!
  3. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

The Millennium series has some issues.

When the slide is cycled, the firing pin/striker is held rearward by a small lever contained in the slide. The lever in turn is powered by a micro-spring (either a miniature coil spring or a tiny wire leaf spring). This all indexes on a very small pin, and held in place by a cover plate and screw.

If you field-strip your gun, you will see this at the rear of the slide, from underneath. Never, ever, disassemble this or allow the cover plate to come off. Be very cautious if you spray it out with GunScrubber. If these parts get misadjusted or if the microspring gets lost, the trigger will not be able to engage the striker tab and the gun will not operate correctly.
  4. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Denfoote, I have the Government sized Firestorm.

CountryGunsmith, I know of the pieces you are talking about. I field stripped it the other night to remove the grease and gave it a light oiling and saw those itty bitty pieces. The owners manual is very explicit about not taking it apart any more than just basic field stripping. Besides, they are to small for me to fool with.
    Do you have any personal experience with the Millennium series? I talked to a guy that works at the gun range near my house, and he carries one that he is very happy with, and I talked to an aqaintance of mine that was satisfied with his. I read about them in several magazine articles that were impressed with it's size, weight, mag capacity, and ease of concealment. I like it for the same reasons, but as of yet I haven't shot it. So the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak. A few other reasons for me were the fact it's DAO, has a manual safety, and also a key lock on it as well. Add to the fact that my wife is expecting a baby, made it safer to have in the house just in case .
  5. frosty

frosty New Member

Ditto on the Springfield comment from Denfoote.
    I have a Springfield, damn fine weapon.

Well, Hydra Shock you can still post on the 1911 site.....you know brotherly love and all that stuff.

Oh, hell..............Just go get a Springfield and have some fun.

:D
  6. Hydra Shok

Hydra Shok Member

Thanks Frosty. I will probably get another Kimber one day, most likely a compact version of one style or another. I gotta admit, that was one accurate pistol.
  7. frosty

frosty New Member

You are forgiven Hydra...:)

Dont worry there will be some 1911 steel waiting for your hand again.:)