No more lead bullets?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by carver, Jul 24, 2010.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I don't see where the NRA has provided a link to support its claim.

Not that I don't trust them.
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Try this one:

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/get_the_lead_out/

Personally, I don't mind giving up lead provided that the tree huggers will make sure a reasonably priced alternative is made available to us that is close to lead in mass to preserve the ME and stability of our bullets.

Depleted uranium comes to mind - -
  4. ampaterry

Did you all hear that?

Four tree huggers were reading this thread, and they all just had a coronary and fell to the floor -
  5. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

As long as I have lead and bullet molds, I'll shoot lead.:mad:
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I likes the depleted uranium idea! :eek: But, you can bet your last dollar that if they have their way bullets of what ever material, except lead, will cost many, many times more money per each. We all know by now that the copper bullets for SD, and hunting will out perform the older lead style bullets, but the cost is higher. If manufacturers are required by law to stop making lead bullets, and start making only copper, I am sure that the price will go way up. If they can't take our guns, then take away the bullets!
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Can't imagine the temps required to melt depleted Uranium. Don't think my Lee pot will take it. Think I would rather be exposed to lead fumes than Uranium fumes. Might have to back off the load a few grains to reduce pressures starting a much denser bullet. Interesting problem. Might have to rummage around in my boxes and see what I can find on physical properties of Uranium. Wonder if it is too hard to engage rifling and needs to be Copper clad. It is, as I recall pretty reactive and oxidizes readily. Think I will stick with lead much of which came out of the ground only about 100 miles North of here anyway. Maybe those guys should sue G*d for leaving so much of it laying around in the earths crust. Maybe they should go after Him for the CO2 while they are at it. I am beginning to have difficulty suffering 'fools'.
  8. wpage

wpage New Member

With all the lethal stuff out. They must be kidding.
  9. BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai Former Guest

10. BerettaMan

BerettaMan New Member

Ahahaha!! I have enough lead to last me at least 5 years! :p
  11. ampaterry

12. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

If these tree huggers are going to rid the world of this awful lead I wonder if they will go after fishermen for using lead for sinkers, and do away with all the lead weights used to balance tires. Maybe they are opening a can of worms they can't handle.:(
  13. ofitg

ofitg New Member

And when the lead runs out, I'll cast tin.
  14. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Already have with the fishermen in NH. No lead sinkers allowed in freshwater. Apparently the Loons were ingesting them. Fish and Game is the agency responsible and they aren't any tree weenies there so I'm guessing it is based on actual results.