1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

No more Spanking says the UN

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Shizamus, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I am so glad that the UN is trying to run the world. [/sarcasm]
    Ya think maybe there are bigger problems in the world for them to correct?
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

It's ridiculous that I can't save my child from burning himself by tapping his hand away from it."

However, a member of the committee responsible for communicating with Canada argued, if the child "puts his hand on a hot oven, he will be burnt and he will not do it again."

Ok, now wait just a minute ... they're saying that a potentially severe burn that will hurt for a week at the very least is preferable to a smack on the hand that will hurt for ten minutes???? Am I missing something here?????
  4. gamachinist

gamachinist New Member

Yes SouthernMoss,
    You are missing something.You obviously don't have the correct behavior chip implanted in your brain so you will blindly follow all edicts from the people that are creating our new world order!
    Sheeesh,I wonder what kind of fool (sadistic maybe)would let any child burn his/her hand on a stove just to teach them something.
    I wonder sometimes if people in charge try to push things to see how far they can go.Maybe they're all a bunch of three year olds?(Or maybe thirteen).This kind of prooves the statement contributed to Freud that fear of arms is a sign of imaturity(paraphrased). Take that you pyscobabble rabble-rousers!

Robert.
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

The only kind of fool I know would be the one who has the child removed from the home by child services and then goes to jail for abuse for letting the child burn his/her self. Now there is a catch 22 if there ever was one! Pure idiots in that scenario!
  6. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

[sarcasm]
    You obviously misunderstand the intent of the Almighty UN.

You should not have that woodburning stove if it poses a threat to the safety and well-being of a child. If you had proper safeguards on the stove, the child wouldn't be able to get her hand near the hot stove. Likewise, all other forms of injury that a child could receive are obviously due to your gross negligence, rather than the fact that the child lives in a dangerous world.

The next UN Proclamation will be to outlaw woodburning stoves that do not have proper guardrails and protection against children getting burnt.

[/sarcasm]
  7. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Not to mention that woodburning stoves are destroying the environment and should be outlawed anyway. :rolleyes: