No Naval Swords for U.S.N.A. Graduation this year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

And so it continues... more proof Obama is clueless about Amreican traditions or what being an American means...wake up America!

No Naval Swords for U.S.N.A. Graduation this year - Threat to the Dear Leader Inside the Beltway - Washington Times

No Weapons for Anyone Next will be medals, awards and campaign ribbons. They have sharp edges.

From today's you couldn't make it up if you tried file.......Obama's protectors have ordered graduating Midshipmen....and I suppose Commissioned Officers through Flag rank...to leave their swords at home. Full Dress White includes "wear sword". More to the point...those badges of office have been earned in a manner Obongo and his minions just wouldn't begin to understand. Important traditions that inspire are kind of lost on the red banner crowd, apparently.

Further, ceremonial swords never seemed to bother the Secret Service for any previous President. And before World War II, the swords were not particularly "ceremonial", I've seen some of those blades, boarding actions did occur on the China Station pre-war against river pirates, warlords, etc. Those swords were worn not just to graduation, but to Inaugurations, in the receiving line at the White House afterward, to the Inaugural Ball. Somehow nobody gave it a second thought. Somehow even Presidents in the past didn't presume to specify items of uniform.

But of course, what worked for Harry Truman, Ronald Reagan, F.D.R., the Bushes, T.R., any other rational non-cult leader.....doesn't work for this former state senator anointed by the Chicago machine.

Does he secretly consider our Naval and Military leaders "the enemy"? Perhaps the message this sends escaped his handlers. Sad. And .....follow me on this Obama and minions.....insulting. Actually it's contemptible.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/21/inside-the-beltway-97423759/
  2. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Thats desecration to a hard earned heritage:mad:
    Its not our traditions he should fear, but his own paranoia!
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Wow, I knew the military didn't really like the clown but I didn't realize they actually scared him?... That's just sad and embarrassing... :eek:

I bet he's also told foreign leaders that there will be no ceremonial cannon fire while he's around too. Watch this video...

Obama jumps due to Ceremonial Cannon in Turkey

Honestly though, I'd have jumped too! :eek:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  4. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Try walking into an airport or courthouse in our paranoid USA. I had a mini gold pocket knife on a pocket watch chain and the courthouse guard made me take it back to my car.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Where did his security get their weapons training?:eek:

DisneyLand?:rolleyes:
    CrackerJack box?:rolleyes:
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Muslim
    America is a muslim country
    Muslims that don't agree with each otherm cut off the heads of those who don't agree.
    He knows the troops don't respect him.
    Very simple logic for me to follow. Obombas I Slamic ways are showing again.
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I'd hate to go through life as paranoid as he obviously seems to be.....

:( :( :( :( :(
  8. OBrien

OBrien New Member

So the commander in chief says take your machine guns and go overseas and fight but while I'm around your not competent enough to have a blade near me and my security. What does that say for our country's military.
  9. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

The ceremonial swords aren't even sharpened are they? Maybe they could just substitute rubber swords or to appease us, let the Midshipmen carry a picture of a sword..:mad:
  10. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

I have had some experience with security and law enforcement, and to be honest, we don't in fact know who issued this silly no-sword order. While in theory the comander in chief must take responsibility for things done in his name, in fact it was more likely some fool lower down the chain of command who made this stupid decission.

I'd like to see some follow-up on this issue. Insulting military officers is no small issue.
  11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

At 15-20' a drawn sword can be driven home (point first) by a skilled fencer faster than you can draw a pistol and fire. That's why you don't ever let an assailant with a knife closser than 15' before you shoot him. Drawing the weapon however is another matter. Secret Service would have him before he cleared the scabord. Suicide mission anyway. I think Marlin T has Obamas number.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Bingo! As a Muslim, Barry would have a fear of a sword. I bet he's scared that a Muslim Midshipman might try to cut his head off:rolleyes: Oh wait, but Islam is the "religion of peace":rolleyes::rolleyes:
  13. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I still want to see his birth certificate!
  14. torpedoman

torpedoman New Member

you know you get a certificate at both ends of the trip the other one may be here sooner than the one your looking for.
  15. Oldeyes

Oldeyes Member

The tradition for the police cadets graduating from the Columbus, OH police academy is for them to graduate wearing their duty sidearms. When BHO came to town to attend the graduation for the class of 25 that his emergency $1M governmental grant rescued (for a one year period only), none of the graduates or the other ranking attendees were allowed to be armed. So, it is not only the military that BHO is concerned about doing him in. And at a somewhat related anecdotal level, I read somewhere just prior to the BHO coronation that the death threats received against BHO before January 20th were greater in number than the total of those received against George W. in his two terms.