No one ever talks about the Galil

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by hkruss, Jul 7, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

I've always liked the looks of them. I figure if the IDF used them, they must be good weapons!
    Just curious if any of you have ever owned or shot one, and what was your opinion of it?

2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I had one many years ago and sold it for twice the value in 1994. Thanks Bill Clinton...I did very well that year with a "ban" on military style
    rifles.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have always liked the looks of them but have never owned one because of price. I also really like the Korean Daewoo and again have never owned one because of price. I fellow in my Sunday School class has a Daewoo that I have been trying to trade him out of!!
  4. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

A lot of good military rifles were banned from importation some years back. Two South Korean 5.56 x 45 mm rifles based on the Stoner design come to mind. Thus there relatively few of them in private hands, and they are very pricey when you try to buy them today.
  5. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Shot one its a nice rifle, as others have stated the price tag is the determining factor.
  6. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

think I've only ever come across a few in person ever; just don't see them very often and quite a hefty $$$. But like said, if the Israeli's used them, they are good rifles.

I think of them everytime I watch "way of the gun", he has a Galil towards the end (that he only brought 1 or 2 mags for). Uses it scoped first out at longer range and then goes into the hotel with it sans optic for some CQB.