Nobel 16 ga side by side

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Sergeant Major, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Sergeant Major

Sergeant Major New Member

I just got a Nobel 16 ga double barrel. Serial # AB 24481. The wood is in good shape. The reciever is silver color with lots of engraving. The blue barrels had some rust spots. It is in good working order. No pitting inside or out. It is a 2 trigger side by side. Is the anyway to find out what it is worth and year of MFG. ? I understand it is made in Spain and imported by Nobel MFG Co Inc of Haydenville, Mass. and they produced shotguns there from 1953 to 1971. I found some info about 12 ga pumps and other nobel weapons, but nothing on the 16Ga. It was a sharp looking shotgun that was not being taken care of, so I gave it a good home. Thanks for any and all info you may have.
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I can find only two SXS that carry the Nobel name. The 420 and the 420E. The only difference is that the E model has automatic ejectors. Both produced in the late 1960's, double triggers and lightly engraved frame. Don't know if they were produced in Spain or in shop. Have you pulled the forearms and checked the water table for proof marks or is there a Made in Spain Stamp. My two year old Standard Catalog shows them to be listed at 300 for the first model and 350 for the E Model if in Excel. condition. That value may be higher or lower depending on your locality. Hope that helps
  3. Sergeant Major

Sergeant Major New Member

It has a made in spain stamp. I will know in a few days if it is an auto eject when I take it out to test fire. Thanks for the help Mr. James. As stated, I just wanted to give it a good home. I was able to get it for$150.