Noble .22 Pump Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Old Chief, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Old Chief

Old Chief New Member

A friend just picked up a Noble .22 Pump, Model 235E. The blueing is about 90%, the stock finish is almost nonexistant and the bore is good. What would an approximate value be?
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

There's not a lot of information on Nobel, 1946 - 1971 { one source states 1953 to 1971 }. They manufactured and furnished a line of shotguns and 22 rifles to several store chains and also sold them under their own names. They were also importers of several Spanish shotguns . Considered to be good but plain utilitarian firearms, there's zero collectors interest and all have a low value. I can't find a listing for the 235 but the Model 236 is listed at 100 in excellent down to 50 in poor. When Nobel folded their tents, Numrich GPC bought up the remaining spare parts.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Those were pretty much bottom line guns, and looked it, plus they gave a lot of trouble. If the one your friend bought works, fine, but I hope he didn't pay very much for it. It is hard to set a value, but the .22's often are tagged for as little as $60 on the used gun racks. BTW, tell him not to try to take it apart.

Jim
  4. Old Chief

Old Chief New Member

Thank you for the responses. I do believe my buddy got taken some. Oh well, we all live and learn, I just wish he had checked with me before jumping and making a purchase.
    Keep your powder dry,
    Old Chief, aka: Ed
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Actually, Noble had some good ideas. The goal was to make guns in a new way, using as many hardware store parts as possible, and less expensive methods of manufacturing. But they ignored appearances and the gun world was just not ready for that kind of innovation, even if it cost less.

Jim
  6. jimbo5775

jimbo5775 New Member

I have a tube feed 235 that i shot with my father growing up i researched them a little it seemes they where produced from 1951 to 1971 i have taken many small game with this plain and simple weapon it holds around 16 shots and i can still take a can off the fence at 100 yards with just the peep sites ruged but reliable mine has held up well for over 40 years of use it takes short long and long rifle cartridges i dont know what they are worth but its put many of rabbit in my crock pot happy hunting