Noble .22 slide action rifle

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by w1spurgeon, Jan 17, 2008.

1. w1spurgeon

w1spurgeon Member

I recently purchased a Noble Model 235 .22 slide action rifle. Can anyone tell me where I might get technical information about this gun and/or the Noble Manufacturing Company? I would like to know the year of manufacture of this rifle but cannot locate a serial number (altho I haven't taken it down yet to look under the wood). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Bill Spurgeon
    Chattanooga, TN
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

noble firearms haydenville, massachusetts 1946-1971. they produced a line of utility grade 22 rimfire rifles and shotguns. the 22's range from the basic manually cocked 22 bolt action single shot to lever action (m275) tubular magazine model. the shotguns were mostly pump actions with a couple of semi included. all were functional but not pretty and sold reasonable well until quality control (or the lack of) got the better of them.

the model 235 was their pump action 22 rimfire tube feed rifle manufactured from about 1951 until about 1971?. not having a clearly visable serial number means your rifle was manufactured before 1968.

you want find much in print about this company because no one considers their products collectible. but most of thier line is covered in the larger pricing guides. standard catalog of firearms, gundigest book of modern gun values are two i use a lot. niether of these two rate any of nobles 22's above $100 but the last model 235 i saw at a gun show (about a 95% gun) was sold for $225.
    bill
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  3. Oregon Shooter

Oregon Shooter New Member

Good info
    I have a Wards Western Field XNH 825 wich I believe is the Wards version of The Noble 235 (also with no Ser #)
    I assume that the same info applies to it also.
    Thanks
    Jon
  4. tcondel

tcondel New Member

Parts are available from Numrich. I just rebuilt mine. HEAVY UGLY trigger, but workable.
  5. militant5

militant5 New Member

Does ne body know how to take apart this thing and clean it?