Non-Firing Replica Pistols

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lead Lobber, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

I spotted a couple of nice looking 1:1 scale replicas of the German P-08 and P-38 pistols in a catalog. The P-38 features a working slide action. Cool paper weight to further clutter my desk, I thought. Only $100. Then I see "Handguns cannot ship to CT, KS, MA, MN, CA, WI or NY". :confused:

The ad says "For Display Only", but does not say they are non-firing. Is this some new bureaucratic bull s**t? Are they afraid someone's going try to commit armed robbery with one of these? I've seen plastic squirt guns that are very realistic; maybe those should be outlawed, too, although I remember reading about some poor black kid that was shot to death by LEOs while wielding such a toy.

If anyone is interested, they can probably be viewed online at www.BUDK.com

LL
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

in some areas they are outlawing toy guns:mad: :mad:
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Yup, bite your tongue, it is happening as we speak. :mad:
  4. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

replica revolvers for sale

[​IMG]

I think I could arrange to ship you all three of these for $80 no matter what state you live in.
  5. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Of course, just pack them in popcorn and stick a stamp on it. I shipped two bottles of tupelo honey to my brother recently as a surprise gift. The box I found that fit was something that had housed 12 bottles of intoxicating spirits in a previous incarnation. The person at the post office asked me what was inside, and I told him about tupelo honey, and how I was sending one for Devon's kitchen, and the second for his galley (sail boat). I also told him about the 98 8x10 glossy photographs of garbage dumped near Alice's restrauant, but his eyes were glazing over, so I just paid up and left before I was forced to consider hanging myself with toilet paper to avoid the embarrasment.

But think about it. One could mail anything anywhere. Scarey thought, but I am not worried about Muslims - they want a bigger bang for their buck, I'm sure, so won't bother us with packages in the mail - for now. Their thoughts are probably centered on the 72 virgins waiting for each of them in paradise. Are there really that many virgins left to go around?

Yeah, just wrap it up and stamp a lick on it. Uncle Sam will take it anywhere.

Oh, and fake hand grenades are OK to ship anywhere. Go figure.

LL
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2007