1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

noob question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 68c15, Jun 28, 2012.

1. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

what kind of rifle takes 7x57? I looked all through my Speer #14 book and don't see that cartridge anywhere. someone told me it is for a Swedish Mauser. is he right?
  2. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

The Swedish Mauser takes the 6.5x55 cartridge, the 7x57 can be found in the Model 93 and the Model 95 Mausers, and in some commercial variations of the Model 98 also. Some Remington Rolling Block rifles were chambered for the 7x57 cartridge also.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't
  3. army mp

army mp Member

I have a model 95 in 7X57Mauser it was made in Lowes Germany, and marked Chilean, the round its self is 7X57 Mauser. I reload mine with cast bullets, Brass can be tricky to find in stock but it is out there. I have found loads for the 7X57 Mauser in several of my new reloading manuals.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't know about Speer #14, but in my Speer #12 it is listed as 7mm Mauser.

The cartridge has gone out of favor. I don't think any modern guns are being made in it, although occasionally Ruger will make a small run of 77s, or Remington will make a small run of 700s, chambered in "classic cartridges", and they might make a few hundred. These get snapped up quickly by those that know and love the round, and then there are, again, no new guns made for it.