1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Norinco green box

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Swede, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Swede

Swede New Member

Hi guys, I have an unopenned 1200 rd case of Norinco 7.62x39 in the green boxes that I was thinking of selling. Any idea on how much I should ask for?

I also have 10 of the yellow 20 rd boxes.
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

I would imagine that the value is similar to Wolf ammo which is now selling for about $165 per 1000. If you offered the 1200 rounds for anything under $200 I think it would be snapped up.
  3. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I bought the yellow box Norinco in cases years ago with 4 norinco SKS rifles. The green box is soft point hunting ammo & I paid $4 a box of 20 years ago for the green box stuff. I havn't bought it lately so I don't know a current price.

The cool thing about the Norinco ammo for me was that all 4 rifles I bought shot exactly to point of aim with either the yellow box or the green box ammo. I bought a sight adjustment tool but I've never had to use it.
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

If it is the Green box Norinco I am thinking of it has been pulled from the selfs due to ATF saying it has armor peircing capabilities, Can you post a picture of the box?
  5. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

The yellow box is steel core although the steel cores are rounded on the tips. The green box ammo is just regular softtip hunting ammo with lead cores.
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Pop, Norinco also made a green box with a solid steel projectile, That has just recently been pulled of the shelf in the last year