Norinco mdl 213 question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by accident, Mar 9, 2012.

1. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just aquired a chinese Norinco 9mm semi-auto pistol mdl 213.I paid $175.00 for it hope thats close to what they are worth as I know nothing about the history or anything else about these pistols.My question is how to locate a spare magazine for it.I checked Numrich catalog with no luck.Does anyone know where I might contact for a spare clip?Thanks for any help and for any info on it. JOE
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Spare magazines:
    http://www.gunclips.net/norinco.html
    You got a good deal, average price is about $250-$300 around here.
    The 213 is a civilian version of the Type 54, with a safety like the FEG 58. The Type 54 was a Chinese clone of the Russian TT-33.
  3. accident

Thanks TRAP55,that is what I've been looking for.They list one for a 213a and one for a 213b.If the picture is correct mine would be the 213a.Thats good if so because the 213b is unavailable.My gun is only stamped mdl 213 not an "a or b".I'll call them and see what they say.I wish it was listed in one of my International Armament books so I could find out more info on it like when were they made,how many etc.It is not a finely finished,machined work of art as opposed to my 1941 P38 but I've fired probably 300 rounds through it without any hiccups.Lots of fun to shoot.Again thanks for the help. JOE
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Joe, I'm not sure, but I think the A or B is for the size of the mag well. The original design was for the Tok 7.62x25 round, so front to back, the mag, and the mag well were longer. These guns could shoot either round with a barrel change.
    One was made for the 9mm only, and some kind of block was added inside the mag well, for the smaller body mag.
    The mag for the dual caliber gun should be about 37mm front to back. Hope that helps!
  5. accident

Thanks TRAPP! You've been a big help Joe