norinco models

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

nenoshi
    (2/10/02 10:51:15 pm)
    Reply norinco models...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    has anyone ever heard of the Norinco 'cavalry' model? would anyone know how many variations/models are out there? is there a site which documents Norinco pistols?

thanks a lot in advance. cheers!

silv71
    (3/9/02 4:27:06 pm)
    Reply Re: norinco models...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Google. Type in the word Norinco. I looked at those sites this a.m.

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/10/02 8:39:54 pm)
    All right, I got the itch, an I just got to scratch it. I'm thinkin' about picking up a Norinco 1911. I've heard some pretty good stuff about 'em. Any body got any opinions???????Hurry up with a reply because if get enough free time tomorrow, I might end up at the gunstore, they got a couple in the case there, and I don't think I have enough willpower to resist...
    Your Buddy, MO

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/12/02 5:55:19 am)
    Hey Mo, I got 3 of 'em. A good deal for the money. Do a trigger job and they a fine shooters. They are very good bases for a custom pistol too. Shop around and you can find one at $400 or less.
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (3/12/02 10:43:27 am)
    The Norinco 1911's are great pistols for custom work. They do need a trigger job, NM Bushing and fitted barrel link along with better sights. When the work is done you'll have a great shooter.

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/12/02 5:23:56 pm)
    I appreciate the input, my friends. I haven't had the time to get to "Ye Olde Gun Shoppe" and my car has been in the shop for over a week now... BUT as soon as I get my car back you can bet I'm gonna be down at "YE Olde Shoppe" to help bolster the international arms trade! I'll let you know awhat I got awhen I git it!!!! I'm still fighting off a bad case of "wheel gun flu". I hope it's gone by then so I can buy a Norinco 1911 or a Hungarian Hi-Power clone!
    Thaks Again.
    Your Buddy,
    MO

The Ten Commandments and The Bill of Rights are all I need.
    They can take the rest and stick it where the sun don't shine.

barbon
    (3/14/02 3:06:08 pm)
    I've had one for several years. I think I have shot it probably
    100 rds. I finally hit the berm, don't know where the other
    rounds went. I finally shot into the dirt so I could figure out
    where it was shooting. Target came out a virgin.
    It is an older model, I got it when they first came on the market. The frame finish is pretty rough.
    It went bang 90 per cent of the time when I pulled the trigger.
    Does anyone know whether the frame is forged, cast or machined from bar stock? I have talked to others that have customized them with good results. I may play with it after I
    get the Colts fixed up.

The hammer doesn't hit square on the firing pin/slide. It hits
    to one side. Think a stoning may fix the mis-fires.

Remember this is a first on the market gun. I haven't seen any for sale lately.
    About the rough finish, have you seen the new Colts?
    I have seen better finish with a chisel and file. The new
    revolver I saw, in the gun store was really pitiful for fit and
    finish. I think it was an Anaconda, anyway the new one from Colt. The new 1991s seem to be some better. I bought a new older 1991 stainless and the finish is excellent.
    I'm not knocking the Norinco, just posting my experience with an older manufacture.

silv71
    (3/21/02 8:48:58 pm)
    I have been selling my modern guns and putting the money in collectibles. I've got two norinco 1911's I would like to sell, one is gentley used with no holster wear and the other is new in the box still sealed in plastic.

If your interested email me at wcreel@ccms.net