The Firearms Forum banner

Norinco SKS Model D

33K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  antiquedr 
#1 ·
loandr
(12/22/01 7:08:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All SKS Model
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently aquired an SKS model D accepts all AK Mags.
Gun in great condition,blonde wood standard paratrooper stock(not thumbhole) 16 inch barrel serial # MC-5D
9303848 N paid $200 shipped how did I do Any info on the rifle is appreciated. Can I put a folding stock on this gun??? Thanks for your help
Russ

AntiqueDr
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(12/22/01 7:40:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: SKS Model
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a Norinco SKS Type D you did very well on the price. You could turn a tidy profit if you wished. There are many SKS conversions to detachable magazine on the market in an effort to duplicate the D-type but they usually just dont cut it. Yours should be much more reliable.

Now.... you absolutely can NOT legally put a folding stock on the rifle.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

TallTLynn
(12/22/01 7:42:48 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: SKS Model
Unless you convert the gun so that it is so many US parts compared to foreign parts - the answer is "NO" you may not put a folding stock on it.

As for it accepting AK mags I would question its legality right now.
I am WOMAN

TLynn

AntiqueDr
(12/22/01 7:45:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
It is perfectly legal for the gun to accept AK mags, that's how it was manufactured and imported. No problem there.

REGARDLESS of whether or not you put American parts in it or not, assembling the gun into a folding stock would be a violation of Federal law - in effect, manufacturing an "assault weapon."

www.apaxenterprises.com

TallTLynn
(12/22/01 7:54:26 pm)
AntiqueDr - I stand corrected. I keep mixing up the rules for AK's and SKS's.

So you are telling me that my SKS can accept AK mags? I wonder which kind - dang now I've got to start hunting again - geez.
I am WOMAN

TLynn

AntiqueDr
(12/22/01 7:57:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
T, unless your SKS is specifically the Norinco Type D it cannot accept AK mags. You can get a conversion kit that allows it to accept sort-of detachable magazines, but I guarantee you wont like it.

www.apaxenterprises.com

loandr
(12/23/01 8:54:38 am)
Reply | Edit | Del SKS D $?
Any idea of approximate Value sir? Or a fair price to sell for? thanks again
Loandr.

AntiqueDr
(12/23/01 9:46:34 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: SKS D $?
Norinco SKS/D's have recently been receiving bids in the $350 range on *********. If I had one to sell, I'd start it at $275 with no reserve.

www.apaxenterprises.com

the real fredneck
(12/23/01 10:21:18 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: SKS D $?
Doc
were there ever any Russian made SKS's that would accept AK mags?

AntiqueDr
(12/23/01 10:24:47 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: SKS D $?
To my knowledge, and I am not the SKS guru on this forum, the only SKS set up from the factory to take AK mags was the Norinco Model D Sporter. There are numerous wanna-be conversion kits out there that I've heard mixed reports about.

www.apaxenterprises.com

TallTLynn
(12/23/01 10:25:14 am)
Doc - how would I tell if it was a Norinco D model? I know it's a Chinese SKS, all matching numbers including the stock but other than that I haven't a clue.
I am WOMAN

TLynn

the real fredneck
(12/23/01 11:38:35 am)
probably didn't ask the question right Doc, what I should have asked was there any Russians that had a 30 rd capacity? saw one on the shelf the other day but didn't ask to handle it looked like it had a curved AK mag in it

AntiqueDr
(12/23/01 11:42:13 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
The Norinco D's came with a detachable AK mag. All others are conversions. I know of no Russian SKS's that came with anything other than the standard fixed magazine. There are many, many conversion units out there though.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.