Norinco SKS Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

gewehr44
    (4/12/02 1:23:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Norinco SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Stopped by my local gun shop today, & noticed they had a couple SKS's. One was a sporter? with no bayonet & a fixed magazine, the other took a 30 round AK magazine & had the folding bayonet. I only took a quick look & it appeared to be in good condition. What do you think it's worth? He's asking $289. I checked some auction boards & prices were all over the place.

For humors sake, I should note there was a Yugo M48 or M48a next to it with a price tag of $399!!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/12/02 3:38:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Norinco SKS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pricey if you ask me.

Picked up a Norinco all matching numbers, bayonet, cleaning kit, sling for $200.

Got another one for $100 - hardly ever fired by the looks of it.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/12/02 7:23:26 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Norinco SKS
    If the SKS with the detachable magazine and bayonet is a Norinco "D" model and in excellent condition, that is not a bad price. I would try for 250.00, but would still by if doesn`t come down. It must be a "D" model though, otherwise it`s just a regular SKS and not worth more than 200.00. Welcome! Regards LTS
    T.F.F.

gewehr44
    (4/13/02 1:39:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Norinco SKS
    Hmm, didn't look close enough to get the model. I think I'll wait & get either a Yugo, Romanian, or some such. I'm trying to decide if I like the 59 or 66 model better...

Plenty of those around right now at good prices.
  2. Dansky

Dansky New Member

Well I hate to say this but back in 1982 I bought a brand new Norinco with everything including cosmoline.
    I paid just $90 and that thig shoots like a $400 gun.
    I should have bought more of them then.
  3. I think you are being overcharged, Country. I just bought a brand spanking new, still in the cosmoline, Yugo SKS from Classic for $169. If you don't have a CRFFL, consider getting one. It only costs $30.00 for three years and you can buy such guns direct from the importer.
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Country I paid $225.00 for my Norinco SKS and It came with a Zytel stock, scope and bayonet. It shoots like a champ P.S. It takes about 5 min. to put a detachable high cap. mag. on it
  5. Not a bad price at all, Southern, and you are right: the SKS is a GREAT shooter and amazingly accurate for a mass-produced military semi-auto.