The Firearms Forum banner

Norinco SKS

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  GunNut89 
#1 ·
hey guys. i need some input. a guy at work has a Norinco sks he wants to sell. overall condition is good. no big nicks in the wood or anything. the bore looks great. the action works smooth also. the numbers on the side of the reciever are 712137 and also 0148. on the bottom of the trigger guard the numbers 2137 are stamped. he has two 30 rounds mags and one 5 round mag with it. i know those are a dime a dozen anyways. he wants me to make him an offer and i have no experience with sks' or their value. any help and numbers would be appreciated! thanks

#6 · (Edited)
he wants $400.00 for the gun with 1200 rounds of ammo. i think thats a good price considering the cost of ammo nowadays.
1200 rounds would be about $200 in surplus ammo and more if it is commercial boxed ammo, so I concur not a bad deal if you want or need a sks. my local shop has a mint like new norinco sks for $250 that ain't a bad deal, but I already have a norinco and a yugo, so I am trying not to bite.

#8 ·
if you get it and shoot the surplus ammo be sure to take it down and clean it good, gas system and all. Youtube has videos on how if you are not sure. If you keep them clean after surplus ammo you can put about a million rounds through them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.