1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Norinco SKS

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Buford Allen, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

I got a Norinco SKS recently. It is in excellent shape with all matching numbers but the original mag was lost. It is obviously a late production with pinned barrel and stamped trigger guard. It has "DP" in front of the Chinese Type 56 characters but no arsenal code. The ser. no. is 22003XXX. If I use the arsenal 26 dating chart it puts it at 1978 but I think it might be a later production than that based on the shape it is in. I was curious about the origin of this rifle. Is this just a commercial model, a police issue, or was there ever any military use? It has very tiny stampings just below the line between the receiver cover and receiver on the left side, it reads 7.62 X 39 SPORTER MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO B - WEST TUSCON AZ. This rifle is also one of the most accurate of all the other SKS's that I have owned. I believe this is due to the bright shiny bore with excellent rifleing.