Norinco Walther Olympic .22 clone

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by 300 H&H, Nov 25, 2010.

1. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

One of these showed up recently at a very fair price. Any member here have experiance/opinion on these? The trigger pull was quite nice....Sights apear to be adjustable aren't they? (front is elevation adjustable I think)

Stocksare kinda crude, but over all I was impressed for the price, if the shoot reasonably well. It includes the weight assembly, but no box or instructions. Did I say the price was right?;):p:p

I know it is nt the real thing, just want an interesting "beater" for the glove box.

Thanks for opinions, Kirk
  2. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

Hi, They are actually pretty good shooters. Not exactly compitition quality but dam good for rabits and so on. Had one for a short while on loan , and for the price I thought it was a good deal.

But...

If you do buy it make sure you get both clips that came with the gun. These are really hard to find and if you have to buy spares most people want an outrages amount for them.
    All in all I think they are good value for the money. Also remember that you are buying a norinco and the quality does fluctuate.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the norinco NP-08 luger. That would really make a nice beater for the glove box.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

grcsat

Thank you for your evaluation. It has two clips, just not the box. , in new condition. Plinking small game are what it would be used for. Hard to believe you can buy a fully machined parts pistol, even though some what crudely done, for so little.

I checked out the NP 08 and you are right that would have been really neat as well!!!:cool::D Wonder if they were sold in Canada? Maybe some day on one of the auction sites we'll see one...

Regards, Kirk
  4. grcsat

grcsat Active Member

Yep they sure were sold in Canada. However I don't believe they were allowed into the US.

As to the walther clone, two clips and a good price....I'd buy it.
    But that's just me.

Gary
  5. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Just picked up mine about 2 months ago, and I thought the price was great. Mine only came with one clip though and that is a drag because I tried everywere to get one but no cigar....HOWEVER, a S&W 41 will work, but you have to do some modifying and that's no big deal. Shoots great and has a nice feel.......Good luck with yours.

Denny G.
  6. K75RT

K75RT Member

I have one and it is a great shooter. They were imported into the USA in the 80s.
    [​IMG]