Nosler accu-bond bullets

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by misiu, Oct 20, 2003.

1. misiu

misiu New Member

Hello fellow reloaders:

Just wanted to let you know that I took 3 deer this season with the new Nosler Accu-bond bullets and I have to say I am VERY pleased with their performance!! Two deer were taken at under 100 yards and the last one at 120 yards. One was a head shot and the others were chest shots and the bullets did all that I expected of them including being very accurate in my 7mm Rem Mag which I used in all 3 cases-and even at the high velocities I saw no indication of the bullet dissintegrating or shedding excess weight.

I am also using them in my 338 Win Mag and am getting 1 1/2" groups at 250 yards so I don't think you can do much better in a hunting bullet. I have a Moose draw that I am going for next week and hope to try the 338 bullets out then:D :D and I'll let you know how they turn out. So far I would recommend these bullets for anyone wanting a controlled expansion bullet with an excellent ballistic coeficient.

Also their price was far more reasonable than the swift scirroco bullets that I have used in the past (allthough the swift is an excellent bullet also)

Hope this helps anyone thinking of trying them-
  2. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

John what powder and amount are you useing in that .338? I just traded for a Browning with a Boss in the same Caliber. The .338 you have sounds as if it is an excellent shooter.
  3. BADASSKIMBER45

BADASSKIMBER45 New Member

DATA FOR 7MM MAG ACCU-BONDS

MISIU, I also have started using accu-bonds in my 7 mag. Take a look at this pic of a group I shot 2 weeks ago with this load. It is 63.0 grains of RL-22. Can you provide the load data for the ones you are using? Thanks a lot..

Mark

Attached Files:

4. misiu

misiu New Member

Loads

Hi Guys:

Sorry to by late replying but I have been out in Saskatchewan shooting geese and ducks!!

My load for the 7mm is 69 gr. of IMR7828 with Win brass and Win mag primers-my group at 110 yards is an average of 3/4" and chronograph at 3100 fps.

My load for the 338 Win Mag is 72.5gr. of IMR 4350 with Win brass and Win mag primers. Chronographed at 2950 fps and under 1" groups at 110 yards.

Hope this helps and all the best!!!:) :)