1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Not Happy with Ed Brown

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by KobraCarry, Jul 12, 2006.

1. KobraCarry

KobraCarry New Member

I recently purchases a stainless steel Kobra Carry. The gun is an awesome piece of art and I really like it. However, before taking it home I noticed a tarnish looking mark on the grip safety. The gunsmiths at the shop tried to clean it but it wouldn't go away. I was told that seveal of the SS models had similar marks. I bought it and took it home. I contacted Ed Brown and he said ship it to him overnight via UPS and he would look at to see if it needed repaired. I sent it to him. It cost me $75.00! He had the gun back to me in two days repaired. That part was great. I had enclosed a letter with the gun stating that I felt I shouldn't have to pay shipping to him for something that was not my fault. I asked for him to compensate me some how. Guess what? He didn't! At least not as of this posting. I called and his staff said he was out of town till the end of July. I know Wilson supports their customers 100%. So far I'm not really impress with Mr. Brown's outfit. I also read on another chat forum www.1911forum.com that serveral people have had the same grip safety problem as me. Maybe it's time to trade for a Wilson! Ok. Now I feel better. :mad:
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Try dealing with Hi-Point. It really all comes back to you get what you pay for
  3. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

I hear you KC, if the Ed Brown cost what a hi Point cost I'd keep my mouth shut, BUT since it is considerably more....THEY SHOULD PAY YOUR SHIPPING AND BLOW SWEET NOTHINGS IN YOUR EAR.
    One man's opinion. Do the words customer service mean anything anymore?
    Smoky the old fart
  4. stash247

stash247 New Member

KC, your issue is with UPS, and your local dealer, not Ed Brown!
    Had you bought a Wilson, you likely would have paid equivalent freight, for a 'tune up', down the road, and, I'm just guessing, the Brown pistol,'ran like a race horse' right outa the box; the 'cosmetic defect',of which you speak, surely was visible before your purchase, and, was it me, would have been the burden of the seller, not my own!
    Ed Brown, and family, build some of the finest 1911 pattern firearms on the planet, and totally stand behind them, as to fit and function; to first buy a gun, and then quarrel about appearance, is more an issue of 'buyer remorse', than anything else.
    Brown "fixed" your perceived problem, even though it obviously existed before your purchase, at no charge, and in a timely manner (3 day turnaround); should they also set UPS rates, simply for the convenience of 'blind' buyers of their product?
    I doubt that Colt, Smith and Wesson, or even Ruger would have done as much, for you, and damned sure, not as quickly!
    Who really owns this problem???
  5. KobraCarry

KobraCarry New Member

I won't agrue for one bit that I should have just left the gun at the store and bought another elsewhere. But the fact that several people had the same problem is what bugs me. Ed Brown, assuming he was aware of the problem could have told his dealers to return the guns and corrected the problem before the get in the consumers hands. There's no doubt the gun is great and I love it! I just think that any company at that level shouldn't make the buyer pay to fix or correct something that isn't the buyers fault in any way.