Not impressed with North American Arms "No Holster In the Box" policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jdnorris, Apr 26, 2008.

1. jdnorris

jdnorris New Member

I am not impressed with North American Arms policy to eliminate the included holster from new mini revolver boxes. As most know, the minis included a very functional holster as part of the original purchase up until a while back. This last weekend I bought a 3rd mini (dad visited from out of town and had to have my other 22mag over the holidays) and when I got home I was amazed that there was no holster in the new "hard" case. I know, I should have paid more attention and checked it all before leaving the store.

My opinion of North American Arms has gone from 1st to near worst for nickel-and-dimeing (to the tune of about $27-$37 with shipping) for something that historically has been included. To make matters even more distasteful, Georgia law requires a handgun be carried in a holster. My local dealers do not carry small enough aftermarkets or NAA stock holsters .... so I have a new "carry" gun that for at least a while I cannot carry. Bad business and I won't forget it.

FYI ..... I emailed NAA's owner Sandy Chisholm and he replied "Apparently, we can't please everybody, for which we're sorry."

Anyone else had any experience with North American Arms and their "friendly" :rolleyes: emails?

David
    Lawrenceville, GA
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Never owned any of there guns, mostly because I don't know much about 'em and thus don't trust 'em.
  3. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

We have one .22 mag mini that I like alot...plan on getting another later.

I would say the discountinued complimentary holsters is probably due to trying to keep from raising costs of the firearms for buyers. Keep in mind that prices for everything are going up.

Another thing...some businesses sell products as a package for awhile with the intent of eventually dropping the extras. I wouldn't take it personally.

I had something similar happen with Springfield Armory...but I still love their 1911's and buy their gear.
  4. RMT

RMT New Member

Exactly. Times are tough and it possible they just don't want to have to raise their prices but still need to make cutbacks...

It's a small price to pay. I wouldn't holster one of those anyways. Just throw it in your pocket.

They are a first rate company in my experience.
  5. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

NAA is located next door to my business here at Provo UT & I could throw rocks at 'em from here. Maybe I will:D
  6. McFry

McFry New Member

i dont know if this would count as a holster, but NAA makes a folding "pocket knife" style extended grip that includes a pocket clip.
  7. obxned

obxned New Member

As a lefty, I feel your pain -NOT!
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I think what he's saying is he probably would have been happy to pay the extra money and get the package he is accustomed to.

And as he already pointed out he legally cannot carry it "in the pocket" in his state, he needs a holster, and it sounds like such a holster is not going to be simple/easy to find.
  9. RMT

RMT New Member

If that is the case, why doesn't he just pay the extra $$ and buy a holster from them????
  10. Erich

Erich New Member

Albuquerque NM USA - 6000' above sea level
    I saw this same exact post on The Firing Line, and I thought it was somewhat overblown. On the TFL thread, the original poster took the trouble to post a link to Sandy Chisholm's personal website, claiming that NAA must be doing well because Chisholm has a vacation home in Mexico, etc., etc.

I'm surprised that someone would get so worked up about this, and really surprised that he'd (apparently, since it's his only post here) join a forum just to spread the news of his unhappiness around.

Man, I guess my life's pretty good. Little things like this don't bother me much - certainly not enough to try to recruit outrage across the Web due to such incidents. :) I'm voting with Sandy Chisholm on this: can't please everybody, and some people aren't worth the trouble of trying (the more frequently I see this fellow posting on this "missing holster" topic, the less sympathy I feel for him).
  11. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i've got a maverick shotgun im going to take to the local gunshop and see if he'll swap me an naa for it... or i'll sell it and buy one of the critters... idk i just want one, heck i didnt even know they used to come with holsters until i read this tread. i want one in 22 lr
  12. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

As per:

http://www.naaminis.com/mr_hol.html

I count 18 different holsters offered by NAA for the mini-revolvers. That's not counting their other holsters for their other firearms or their "holster grip" for the mini's.

No one holster would be correct for all the versions of mini's & I think most people would want to get the one they choose. I can't remember any other firearm I've bought that included a holster...:confused: