The Firearms Forum banner

Not much of a collection

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Don Buckbee 
G
#1 ·
I don't really collect knives, although I own many. I do keep my eyes open for left handed knives, though.

Top one is one the maker didn't realise he had shaped for left hand. Gave me a 90% discount because I taught him what to do next time.

Middle one is my Bo Randall prototype for his Bushmaster. It is thought to be the last one Bo built from scratch.

Bottom one I found at a yard sale. When I saw the left-handed sheath, I assumed someone had made the sheath for "just a knife." When I picked it up, I didn't put it down until I found someone to take my money.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those are some nice lookin' knives, Pops.

G
#5 ·
I don't remember what I paid for the yard sale knife, because I didn't care. Didn't even dicker. Paid $64 for the Randall and thought that was really high. Ended up paying $5 for the top knife in the picture. Builder is about 75 miles from me and was at the local gun show.

The Randall was appraised about 15 years ago at $1800. Since then the bio of Bo Randall was published and has a comment about that knife in the book. Should be worth just a bit more, now. :D

Pops

#8 · (Edited)
Thank you, Pops. The Papst is on me. (I'm cheap!)

Besides shooting rimfires and hunting, I enjoy collecting knives, so I stopped in here first. I mainly collect the five inch texas toothpick pattern, preferably handled in Mother of Pearl, Stag or nice bone. Lately I have been interested in Military blades.

Nice to meetcha all. Where do we keep the band-aids here?

Phil

#9 ·
Glad to see you at TFF, Scout.

Hope you will join in with us often.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.