Not Your Father's Jeep

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Tacks, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

Our 01 GMC Sierra is getting a little long in the tooth so we started our dealership drive thru shopping a few weeks ago. We prefer pickup/suv over "regular" cars. Except for a Volkswagen and a Ford P van delivery truck many years ago I've been a GM guy all my life. We made a pass thru a Jeep dealership for giggles and grins on a Thursday and the next day we drove this home.

[​IMG]

I am amazed at how well it rides. It is a Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with the Altitude package. Heated leather seats, AC, power windows, locks, mirrors are some of the bells and whistles. This is not your grandfather/ father's jeep.
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

3. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

4. lead

lead Well-Known Member

We had a Liberty up to a year ago and were very happy with it. It would go through anything, except a tornado. We were in Joplin, Mo last year and the tornado tore the Jeep up.
    Does yours have a sunroof? Our Liberty did, and started leaking after a year. The dealership was not very helpful getting it fixed, but was very good about everything else.
  5. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Sweet. Welcome to the Jeep family. Now get that top and those doors off.:D
  6. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

When you get a few miles on it would you tell use what knid of mileage it gets?? Nice looking jeep. Sure would not treat that one like I treated some when I was younger.
  7. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

I'm on my 4th Jeep and can tell you that the mileage is not good. One does not buy a Jeep for fuel economy. I've always said that someone asking me about my Jeep's fuel economy is like me asking a Honda owner how well his Accord rock crawls.:cool:
  8. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

oh no! it's a J**p !!! Can't use the word J**p around my place, it's a bad word.

Shoulda bought a Toyota SUV instead! That'll make a nice trade-in vehicle for an older 4runner or tacoma.

She's lookin' nice and shiny though, hope she works out for you. Any mods or upgrades planned yet?
  9. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

jeep was originally called general purpose vehicle , thus came GP or jeep
  10. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

Wife's 96 Cherokee just spit the $5 piston into the crankcase, haven't quite figured out how it did it as the rod and wrist pin are still in there and not bent to heck, must have just disintegrated or something. In reality though I can't complain a bit, as the odometer just hit 326k miles!

And I've never seen a Jeep that got stellar gas mileage, it's just not what they're built for doing.
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks good.
  12. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I laugh at the toyota commercials that say 'toyota is the most fuel efficient...' blah blah... maybe the prius but my sequoia averages 15mpg, my truck about 19 and the 4runner anywhere from 14-18mpg. not very efficient when my buddy's full size diesel truck is getting over 20 and moving 2.5 x the weight.

looks like Heeps and Yotas are in the same boat with gas guzzlin'

now throw a winch bumper on there and get some lift/wheels and diff lockers and she'll be ready to crawl up the mountain!
  13. twobit

twobit Active Member

We have a 99 Cherokee that has 236000 miles on it. Still going strong. Also have a 06 wrangler with about 30000 miles on it. Both have that durable straight six engine. Most trouble free engine I' ve ever had and I'm a ford truck guy. My truck is an 02 f350 7.3 liter diesel dully crew cab.
  14. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have had my eye on those. I just might get one down the road. No punn intended.
  15. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I wanted to get an older 4x4 jeep to fix up and put mud grips on with a lift kit, Id make it a gun & hunting buggy. I have some 4 wheel drive pickups but I always wanted a jeep and I want a used one because I wouldnt want to drive through mud with a brand new rig