Nothing like the truth to make you feel helpless or hopeless...or both

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluesea112, Dec 6, 2012.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I just read an article on another forum that was written by Jim Karger. He sure has a way of making a guy feel helpless and hopeless. Here is the article:

“‘When they come for my gun, they will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands,'’ is a common refrain I often hear from the Neo-Cons when there is a threat, credible or otherwise, that the US government is going to take their firearms. And, when I hear this crazy talk, I agree with them openly. ‘You are right. They will pry your gun from your cold dead hands,’ which I often follow with the question, ‘And where will that leave you except face down in a pool of your own blood [in] the middle of the street, just another dead fool resisting the State?’”
    When the federal government finally decides to disarm the public, and when the increasingly-militarized police roll down your street after a not-so-subtle request that you kindly turn over your firearms and ammunition “for the common good,” it will be nothing less than suicide by cop to do anything other than what you are told.
    The militarization of US police forces is ongoing and escalating. Many cities and towns now own tanks, armored personnel carriers, even attack helicopters, and almost all are outfitted with military weapons not available to the general public.
    And, it is not just your hometown cops who are getting new boy-toys. The military itself is buying up weaponry not just for use in the current or next scheduled war, but to deal with the likes of you, citizens who don’t seem to understand that the Bill of Rights has been overruled, and that specifically includes, but is not limited to, the right to protest and engage in civil disobedience.
    To you tough-talking Neo-Cons with your AR-15 rifles and a few thousand rounds of ammo, here is the reality: they will take your guns, and no, all your Second Amendment bluster aside, you are not going to do anything about it. You are not going to take on a platoon of heaily armed police with state-of-the-art automatic weapons, and the best body armor you cannot buy; protected by armored personnel carriers and attack helicopters, unless you choose to die that day — for nothing. You will either be in the country or out, and if you are in, you will stay in and you will comply.
    That is your choice… for the moment.
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

Probably very truthful. I've been reading Mark Steyn's "After America...Armageddon". It is very insightful.

One world order!

You will not be able to resist the Federal Government. Survivors will use their weapons only to hold back the force of Zombies trying to take their hoard.

The whole world is crumbling, from the top down.
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Wow, I'll just turn in all my guns, knives and bats tomorrow because of the threat........Not..............I won't care about living if my Republic comes to that.
  4. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

We may not defeat them at every turn, but we can make it extremely costly for them.
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Jim Karger is an idiot.

dont listen to boneheads like him.
  6. medalguy

medalguy Member

Many will resist if it ever comes down to that moment. There's always The Oathkeepers to deal with too.

One day a good many years ago I took an oath to "protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic" and I never heard anything about rescinding that oath.

After due consideration, I'm not all that convinced I would really WANT to live in a country where all that he describes had occurred.
  7. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

Most 'former' military personnel know the weak points of the system and could very easily figure out how to access military equipment themselves. Look how successful military operations are in Afghanistan, imagine mounting a military operation in the United States with the mixture of races and ethnic backgrounds that we have here. It would be much easier to resist the government here than most of the idiots who write these articles think. We have a fellow avoid capture by combined law enforcement agencies for months in southern Missouri, and he later told them he never went more than ten miles from his house...
  8. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

When I was a kid I remember listening to my father and uncles discuss the constitutionality of the police arming themselves with military weapons to use against the citizens. I remember them kind of laughing the idea off because it was so rediculous and far fetched. After all, it is a direct violation of the constitution for our govornment to use military weaponry on our own citizens.
    When I saw that M1 Abrams tank rolling up on David Karesh's place, all I could think about was that conversation I heard when I was a kid. Over the years I have seen so many more examples of govornment overstepping the boundaries of the constitution that I am convinced the constitution is a useless document. Disarmament of our citizens is coming. The only way to stop it is for millions of citizens to organize at a given moment to force the govornment to rewrite laws that follow the constitution.....and we all know that's not going to happen. If you decide to make stand, be sure and wear a clean shirt and comb your hair. At least you won't look crazy in the newspaper photo they take of your corpse.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  9. Diamondback

Diamondback Member

Karger the jackass, assumes that I am stupid enough to stand in the middle of the street and shoot it out with the morons attempting to steal my property and my heritage. Sorry I am a firm believer in the old saw that "He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day!" Never snipe from a position that does not a a line of retreat and try not to fire more than twice from any position. They will go insane trying to treat the wounded but will tend to leave the dead lying where they fall. If it ever comes to a second American Revolution remember that most of the fighting in the 18th century by the budding army of America was fought from behind the walls and fence rows and the trees. No, I do not have the training, the weaponry nor the equipment but I do have a desire to inflict as much misery as possible as long as possible.
  10. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

sadly, I won't have any guns to turn in.

they were all lost recently in a tragic boating accident:)