Nothing on TV? No wonder, read this, especially the ages 18-49 weekly top 15

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjp28, Jul 18, 2012.

1. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Nothing on TV? No wonder, read this, especially the ages 18-49 weekly top 15 which is what the advertizers and TV producers watch closely and base future programming in these areas.

(I guess if you're over 50 you're screwed!!)

Ages 18-49 weekly top 15 (Neilson prime-time ratings, USA TODAY 7/18/12)

1. All Star Game, OK, was #1 in all groups
    2. America's Got Talent, same
    3. Big Bang Theroy, really? :confused:
    4. Big Brother :eek:
    5. The Bachlorette :bleh:
    6. Master Chef
    7. Hell's Kitchen ???
    8. Big Brother, again
    9. Big Bang Theory, again
    10. Que no Podia Amor
    11. America's got Talent
    12. So You Think You Can Dance
    13, 14, 15 Que no Podia Amor

Basically outside of the All Star Game a bunch of cheap, easy to produce mindless junk.
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Big bang theory is epic funny if you have not seen it watch it.
  3. Daffyd

Daffyd Member

+1 on Big Bang. You can have the rest, but Big Bang is very funny and watch-able!
  4. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

I've never seen any of them. Maybe I need to try Big Bang Theory.
  5. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

Big bang is funny but it gets old after a few episodes.I wait and then watch so it's funny again.IM well over 50 so i guess im stuck with military ch and history and a few more i like.Bad part is i could use a good sitcom to laugh at just for a change.
  6. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I have trouble believing this report. I'm in that age group and have only seen Big Bang Theory twice. each episode looks to have the same plot, yawn. but then again I am not a tree hugging liberal hippy with my hand out expecting Uncle Sam to feed my sorry butt. I like my television to have a deep plot or be educational. the only way I will veer from those criteria is if it involves some non-mainstream form of motorsports.
  7. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I'm not a tree hugger and I like Big Bang Theory. It's a very good show. The other stuff is a big waste of time.
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Right now I'm in season 2 of farscape, season 3 of numb3rs, season 2 of Battle star galitica.

Warehouse 13 and Alphas is coming back next week. Longmire is straight killing it right now. NBC has a few good shows coming this fall. Falling skys is awesome.

If you haven't seen it Eureka was the best show on TV for five years. You can watch them all on Netflix. Eureka even has a male hero for all you guys who don't like women.
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

What makes me a tree hugging liberal hippy with my hand out expecting Uncle Sam to feed my sorry butt?

Because I think there was no reason what so ever to destroy 900 acres of trees to build houses that are going to flood an already flooded market? Because I think we need to protect our wildlife and our wild lands from people who think that Some one else will clean it up or fix it. If believing that everyone has the right to use open spaces and that every one should be helping to protect and save these open spaces for the use of future generations. Or the fact that thousands upon thousands of different species of wild life just got their homes destroyed so some DC yahoo can have their mcmansion? If that makes me a tree hugging liberal hippy with my hand out expecting Uncle Sam to feed my sorry butt? I will gladly wear that badge with honor.
  10. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Big Bang Theory is a pretty good show.
  11. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Well they did not ask me, but i am glued to the History Chanel and the Discovery Chanel. I fall in the 18-49 group.
  12. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

For me the history channel lost interest a long time ago. Really how many shows can you make on WWII? It should be called the war channel because every time I tune to it that is all they are showing. Nothing other than war ever happened in the past right?

If it is not a war show it is ice road truckers. WOW you drive a truck in the snow WHOOPIE... Good for you. Oh lets not forget Broke Back Antiques the two gay guys who go around and pay people for JUNK... Or we can watch Two old hippies out in the woods. Yet everyone that claims to watch the history channel says they hate reality tv. LOL that's funny.....
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I've tried to watch the Big Bang Theroy a couple of times, and while I did hear a good line, or two, I just couldn't get into it! Do not watch any of the others on the list, including the All Star Games! I like action movies, and action shows, like NCIS, and spin off's. The History Channel, Discovery Channel, Out Doors Channel, and a few other documentary type shows. When nothing is on TV I either get out of the house, and do yard work, or play games on the PC.
  14. north tex

north tex Member

Do not most of those "open spaces, 900 acres of trees, and wild lands" have private owners? So you would take their rights away so you can have your wishes come true? Come to think of it DC started out as a natural swamp/bog maybe we should return it to it's natural state. I'm coming around to your way of thinking :D
  15. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

Hell on wheels and The walking dead
  16. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I watched a good movie yesterday.The new remake of the 3 stooges.It is funny with great slapstick,no vulgarityI always loved those guys and it brought back some great memories.I approve of this.
  17. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I never said anything about taking peoples rights away. I am only saying that the housing market is bad here we have had thousands of large mcmansion homes foreclosed on and they are still sitting on the market 3 years later why are we flooding the market with more unneeded mcmansions? They are only hurting the housing market. Can't afford to live here and can't afford to sell and move. Plus it is just adding more homes and more people to the area that is already bordering on over crowding. These same people wanted to push fill dirt over a swamp so they could build a bunch of housing projects. These are also the same people who bulldozed and built homes on civil war battle field and looted graves. Yep lets just build everything up damn the trees and the wildlife we can go see them in zoos where they are put and confined 24/7 then when one flips out we KILL IT. YEAH.... AMAZING PLAN......

By your way of thinking we shouldn't have any national parks. Hell lets take and build a 20 golf courses and thousands of mcmansions along the grand canyon. How about this. Lets build homes right up to Mount Rushmore. Even better lets strip all the native prairie grass plans and plant corn.
  18. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

From the same Prime-time Neilsen ratings (NOTE: years back we were invited once to be a Neilson family, they send you a book and wanted you to write down every single thing you watch, how long, surfing, every hour of every day, we passed.)

Cable top 15 - looks a bit different than the 18-49 top 15

1. HR Derby
    2. The Closer
    3. Perception
    4. Rizzoli & Isles
    5. Swamp People
    6. Pawn Stars
    7. Derby Prelude
    8. Pawn Stars, again
    9. Storage Wars
    10. True Blood
    12. WWE Raw (tie)
    12. Longmire
    13. Burn Notice
    14. Storage Wars, again (tie)
    14. WWE Raw, again

Must be a different demographic on cable for sure!
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  19. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

And from the same page:

Network top 20

1. MLB All Star Game
    2. America's Got Talent
    3. Big Bang Theory
    4. NCIS
    5. The Bachlorette (tie) :bleh:
    5. America's Got Talent, again
    7. Big Bang, again
    8. 60 Minutes
    9. Big Brother :confused:
    10. NCIS LA
    11. Big Brother, again
    12. Hell's Kitchen
    13. Master Chef (tie)
    13. So you think you can dance
    15. Wipeout (3 tied)
    15. Hawaii 5-0
    15. Secret Millionaire
    18. Person of Interest
    19. NY Med
    20. CSI

So what do you think and where are you? What are your favorite channels and shows? :dontknow:
  20. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I like 48 hours.It shows how stupid and violent the avg street thug is.Alot can be learned also.People are killed for the most insane reasons.It is one of the reasons I got my CCW.I travel to Harris county alot and crime has always been bad there.It just seems it is worse now.