NOTICE - NORTH TEXAS GATHERING -***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1shot1k, Mar 3, 2009.

1. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:):):)

IMPORTANT- Hello all.

45nut and myself are helping bluesea112 get ready .....

We need a general list of WHO is coming and will be staying for the Saturday Night BBQ/FIRESIDE MEAL....

I have put a END post on the "STICKY" post..so follow this one please until trip........

I will be trying to PM or EMAIL ALL those I can identify as COMING from original Thread..for verification. And will scan this thread several times daily to keep record updated. If you think you can make it, thats ok as we are just trying to see how much Brisket Bluesea will prepare.....

He wanted to know who would be coming in Friday night and WHo would be coming in Saturday ..with approximate Times and number of people IF you can.....

After keeping tally of ARRIVALS...I also need to keep a list of the SIDE dishes any may be able to bring for the SAturday night Banquet.........

I will be there before 7: AM Saturday the 7th.

I/we are bringing :

4 to 5 Loaves of sliced bread ..(1) to be wheat
    5 Packs of Hamburger Buns
    1 Large Pan of BBQ Baked Beans
    4 Large Onions 2/white 2 /purple
    2 12 pak sodas 12/coke 12/dr pepper

Suggested NEEDED items..................

Paper Plates and Plastic Utensils
    Paper or Plastic Cups (should be Ice on site)
    Knapkins or Paper Towel Rolls
    pickels / condiments for Brisket..ie sauces you may like

As stated..refrigerator on site...but if fills up..have way to keep your perishables cold.....

I would ask that bluesea or anyone post any additional ideas or suggestions for items or anything that would help. Or anyone with special needs please let bluesea know..or questions....

I am not tryin to be strawboss here...just helpin bluesea and 45nut (45nut only internets from daily work)...and sure want to do all I can to help this be a good Meet.

And I believe we should all take a moment to remind ourselves , as well as, any visitors..though no moderators may attend...we are meeting as members of a fine, well founded , organization..and I know you will join me in assuring the "Owners"...we will of course do proud to the "Forum".

Thanx and please start listing yourselves if I dont reach you and list "sides" if you are able to bring any.

Contact me by my PM or MAIL for anythig...it"s almost time.....:p:p:D:D

1shot1k
  2. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

HERE ALSO IS DATA I BROUGHT FROM ORIGINAL THREAD SO IT WILL BE HANDY ....

SOME LINKS FOR SITE AND RANGE and ORIGINAL INFO FROM BLUESEA112

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...KaGofmyAWHj9WUCg&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&
    ct=image

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...-97.470703&spn=0.118225,0.298347&z=12&iwloc=A

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=We...::r::25:::::/e

""
    Sorry I have not been available for questions. I dropped my cell phone and had to have a new battery shipped to me. I am available again, and I will check my messages this afternoon.....and return your calls.
    My website is www.waconorthkoa.com
    From Dallas/Fort Worth take I-35 south to Exit #355. After you exit turn left and go back over I-35. Then turn right on the service road. The campground is on your left about 1/4 mile. There is a big yellow KOA sign in front.
    From Austin, take I-35 North to exit #354. After you exit I-35, stay on the service road 1.6 miles. You will see the yellow KOA sign on your right.
    I have informed my front desk staff of what is going on, so you may call the front desk at (254) 826-3869 to reserve a spot. BE SURE TO TEL THEM THAT YOU ARE WITH THE TFF GROUP so you get the discounted price.
    My cell number is (817) 706-1370
    Front Desk at KOA (254) 826-3869

Thanks,
    Charles
    Bluesea112

P.S. I forgot to mention that there is a hotel in West. It is 50% higher priced than some of the places farther away, but It is less than 2 miles from the campground straight down the service road. It is called the Czech Inn of West. Phone number for the hotel is as follows:
    Czech Inn of West

(254) 826-0900
    The only other hotels are in Belmead. Belmead is a suberb on the north side of Waco. Belmead hotels are 17 minutes from the campground, straight down I-35. ""
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by bluesea112; 02-19-2009 at 04:52 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------

bye

1shot
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Carver and wife, Star, will be there. I have our reservations made. I will be making Bikers Stew for Friday evening, might have some left over. Will be bringing bowls for Stew, as well as spoons, and condiments, marshmallows, and forks for roasting. Need to find out about the availability of fire wood for camp fire. Do we bring our own, or is it available at the camp site?
  4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Thanks 1shot1k for starting this.

I am coming down Friday night. Mrs. 45nut has not yet decided if she's coming too (not a camping fan :eek:) although she likes to shoot.

I have two buddies coming down Saturday morning. Both are avid shooters, but a little less conservative than me. One friend is not quite a raving liberal, but he's a GUN TOTING Lib. :D

I am full of conservative vigor and he and I debate very politely. Just a reminder for us to be kind to those who are beginning to see the light. :D

So I will have 3 or 4 in my party.

I am making breakfast tacos Saturday morning. I will also bring paper plates and plastic ware for Saturday night.

Lock & Load Boys! :D
  5. iwannasee

iwannasee New Member

Will not be able to attend. The one weekend that I had free is now taken.....Was really looking forward to the meet.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

My wife Rebecca and I will be there 7ish saturday morning, We have not decided whether or not we will be bringing the kids. If we do it will be the oldest. We are preparing tamales for whenever ya wanna eat em. Thats the great thing about mexican quisine, its good all the time anytime;). We will not be camping out, we live close by and i do have to work friday and sunday. We will be in attendance from sun up to sun down saturday. We will also be bringing a cooler full of drinks, paper plates, napkins and plasticware. I think i have a gallon jar of jalapenos, as well as pickles to bring also... Look to the north at first light on the 7th day, feel the ground tremble, and an ominous growl fill the air, you will see the red and white beast cross the horizon, and you will know that we have arrived:D...

Josh
    JLA
  7. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:eek::eek::eek:

Ok Josh...we will look to North..feel ground...listenfor roar.........u know....I'd heard about them kind of Tamales...! :p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D

8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Have no fear, the tamales are tame. I was referring to the dodge;) Yall oughtta be able to hear me coming from waco:D... I would also like to extend your generous offer for extra ammo... I have lots n lots of it. I will bring most anything most others might be shooting, and i will offer it to anybody who needs it. the only thing i dont have alot of is .30 carb, .45/70, and .480 ruger... I have plenty of .45 acp/auto rim and half moon clips, about 200 rds of 9mm, .30/06, 7.62X54R, .22 LR, .22 mag, .357 mag (both light and heavy loads), about 750 rds of 5.45X39, 12 ga shells from birdshot to buckshot, 20 ga shells, and .410. maybe others too these are just the ones i can think off off the top of my head... looking forward to seeing yall there:)

Josh
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The weather looks good right now, with only a 30% chance of thunder storms for Saturday. Temps ranging form the 80's for highs, and low 60's at night.
  10. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I thought I would try to answer some commonly asked questions about the campground ammentities/policy:

1. Are pets allowed? Yes, of course. If your dog joins you, please keep him/her on a leash if they are not command trained. Please pick up their land mines so other folks do not accidentally step on a trigger.

2. Is alcohol allowed in the campground. Yes (This is a family campground, so please don't over do it.)

3. Are campfires allowed at the sites: Yes. We sell nice big stacks of wood in the campground store for $5.99/stack. You may also bring your own wood. You may pick up small sticks from the campground property to use to start your fire, but please do not pick up any wood 1" diameter or larger.

Note: I will supply the wood for the community campfire on Friday evening.

4. Is the pool open? Yes, the pool is open. The water is still pretty chilly though.

5. Are bicycles allowed? Yes, the road inside the campground make GREAT bike trails.

6. How late can we howl at the moon? Quiet time is from 10:00pm - 7:00am.

7. Do you sell ice and soft drinks in the campground store? Yes

8. Are fireworks allowed in the campground? I like to be positive, so I will say yes, they are allowed. However, you cannot light them. (smile)

9. How much does it cost to play pool, ping pong, horseshoes? FREE

10. Some of the wives and kids don't shoot. What can they do for entertainment in the area? Local attractions include: Outlet Shopping Center in Hillsboro, Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco, Cameron Park Zoo in Waco, Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum (law enforcement rangers, not baseball), Texas Musician's Hall of Fame in Hillsboro, Confederate Research Center in Hillsboro, Sun Tanning at Campground Pool.

11. Is there electricity and water at every site? All tent sites and RV sites have electric and water. The Cabins have electricity only.

12. Are pets allowed in the cabins? yes

13. Is there a playground? Yes, with swings, jungle gym, fort, and other cool stuff.

14. Do you have Wi-Fi Internet and Cable? We do have FREE high speed Wi-Fi Internet service throughout the campground. We do not have cable television. If you have a digital antenea, you can pick up many TV channels from waco.

15. Do you rent vcr video tapes and dvd's? Yes, we rent both of them in the campground store. Most of the rentals are VCR tapes, but we do have a few movies on DVD.

16. Any other campground rules? Just a couple of easy ones:
    A. Please do not park on the grass or in empty sites.
    B. Campground parking permits must be displayed at all times while in the campground. Please make sure that you have visitors/friends/family stop to register at the office. You and your guests will be given a parking pass when you check in/register.

17. How safe is the campground at night and during the day? Since the campground opened in 1971, there has not been a single theft or violent crime of any kind. As a matter of fact, our customers rate us in the top 5% of the safest and cleanest campgrounds in the United States and Canada. We are also rated as a preferred campground by the "Camping Women" organization because of the safe environment we offer to women who travel alone.

That is all I can think of right now. Maybe more later.

Charles
    Bluesea112

P.S. I do have one more thing....1shot1k re-posted my paragraph about the available lodging in the area. I misspelled "suburb" with an "e", and it is bugging the heck out of me.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  11. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

Thank you Bluesea112, and am sure we all will appreciate and observe all rules and your obvious "beyond the call of duty hospitallity and efforts ".....

just checking in for "any more sides " to record....

To all - be sure and post any changes and check back ever day....any new entries...post our sides for Saturday night.....as it looks now...2 briskettes should be OK....

will check later.......

Oh...bluesea..as to last minute quote..."
    P.S. I do have one more thing....1shot1k re-posted my paragraph about the available lodging in the area. I misspelled "suburb" with an "e", and it is bugging the heck out of me. "

I had figured you spelled it right......now look how I feel..?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:
  12. 45nut

45nut Active Member

As I see the head count we have:

Carver = 2
    45nut = 3
    JLA = 4
    1shot1k = 3
    bluesea112 = 2?

We have Biker Stew Friday night, breakfast tacos Saturday and brisket Saturday night. 1shot1k is bringing beans & bread. I will bring some potato salad for Saturday night and JLA is bringing tamales for snaking.

Step up folks; looks like we need another side or two. How about a dessert?
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Make that JLA party of 4, we will be bringing the 2 oldest, my youngest is staying with gramaw. Heres exactly what im bringing. about 10 dozen tamales, jar o' jalapenos, jar o' pickles, small jar o' valentinas for those who like thier food on the spicy side, cooler full o' drinks (vast assortment), tater chips-n-ranch dip an mebbe some cheez stix. Cant wait to meet you guys, its gonna be a hoot;)
  14. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

15. 45nut

45nut Active Member

JLA,

Duly noted on your head count.

Mrs. 45nut has decided to make another camping trip with me (the 3rd in 25 years :eek: :D) so apparently she thinks you guys are worth a little personal discomfort (tent & cot, bugs & SPIDERS) to get out and meet. :D

My group may total 4 if I can convince the gun toting raving liberal that there won't be too much whining about Obozo. I told him, "You pays your monies and takes your chances" :D