Novice reloading question.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by veggiengo, Mar 9, 2010.

1. veggiengo

veggiengo New Member

I am trying to set up a new Hornady Lock n Load AP press. Why aren't my rounds getting ejected into the catch bin? When the rounds get to the ejecting spot, that darn rubberband on the underneath groove of the shell plate is holding them back. And the rounds keep on going by!!

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for answer my question. I am just getting started and the phone to Hornady is jammed pack yesterday morning when I called.
  2. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 Member

Go back over all the instructions. If a mistake is being made, you should be able to figure it out. Personally, I just stick with a good old reliable single stage. Hasn't failed me yet and I doubt it ever will.
  3. Old Iron

Old Iron New Member

I was having the same problem and went back to the instructions, as bntyhntr suggested. I missed the step of putting the rubber band down into the groove near the ejector. Hope this helps. Novice here also.

Attached Files:

4. veggiengo

veggiengo New Member

Thank you for the response. I'm not handy by any stretch. I went back to the video and saw how the rubberband went on, and correct mine. But I still don't know how the thing stays down there. Anyway, it's working now and I'm onto the rest of the set up.