Now i'm really ticked off with ignorant jerks

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Jan 15, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Another forum in a universe far far away ( or so it seems )

I introduced some beginner shooters here in Australia over a period of a few months to forums

One is a girl who went to school with my daughter

She wishes to ask a question about her rifle to get a broader opinion so posts on the forum and gets abused for asking stupid questions, her rifle is abused and told to by a ruger semi ( illegal here sadly) and a few other things showing how ignorant a shocking ammount where, but never lets on she's a girl, ( she was miss Australia and 3rd in the miss universe or Miss world competition a few years back, i dunno i dont take notice of such but know she has contracts for a huge ammount of stuff, i tend to remember her at my daughters 4th birthday and a few a bit further on way better, you know?)

Now i dont post in that forum now but know they have very few females there and after 2 days a post from one new female member has 9 pages of posts, mainly junk, and mainly from the same idiots who blasted the new user, who they did not know was a girl

I am,

1 ticked off that they fawn so obviously over a female,

and 2 doubley ticked that they abuse new members who they did not know was female but knew was aussie , and cant have what folks in the US can , but called her names anyway and belittled the poor little single shot hardware store style rifle she had.

I called my daughter to ask her to ask her friend to stop by and let them know who she was , but she is fearfull of internet stalkers, being a fashion model and such, and I understand , especially now seeing how two faced a lot of folks are, and she does not wish to associate with the likes of those who abused her , which i can understand fully.

I thought sensible gun owners would be more understanding and grown up but i guess that you find wankers everywhere

But what chance do we have against the anti gun mobs out there when there are so many idiots like this that act this way??

Forums like that are supposed to foster and help folks become shooters not force them to hide or be ashamed of our sport and hobby, or totally turn them off our way of life as some others have been.

And emailing the admin? no responce.. so screw em , i wont contribute any more.

Anyway its saterday and i got the junior shooters to organise here ( ANZAC Rifle range) and its looking like a nice day too ( been raining on and off most of the week, maybe because i went hunting :) )

end of rant
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Re: Now i'm really ticked of with ignorant jerks

Thanks for the correction ( and sorry you needed to do so) by the admin, i'm learning ;)

cheers eh

jack
  3. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

I hear you...can't blame her a bit. Some people are just mean....and most guys, intentional or not, will pay more attension to a female...kind of in our blood...for good or bad.
  4. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step

Kinda shows you what kind of upbringing they had, you need to turn her on to this forum it is safe to say she would be treated with more respect.
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

Sad to hear, Jack.
    I belong to one local shooting forum that sounds exactly like the one that you describe.
    Their minds are on holiday, but their mouths are working overtime. :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Art
  6. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I would say send her over here to this forum. For the most part we are good natured enough to be able to help here out without too much googling over looks. At any rate I still shoot my old Stevens Single shot hardware store special. I have killed more pop cans with that thing than a 30 year drunk emptied. Unless we are talkin to those tuperware fans here on the forum generally no one here chastises for firearm choices.
  7. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Jack, you've probably noticed by now, there are a lot of good people here. I have not been here that long, but from what I've seen, this is the first place i would recommend to anyone who has questions about firearms. Maybe if you showed your daughter's friend(?) this forum, it might help her to relax a little. (I hope that what I'm trying to say is coming out right).
    There are some jokesters here, but, it's mostly all in fun and I doubt that anybody here will treat her as the others did. That was just downright disrespectful.
    And, a gun is a gun as long as it works.
  8. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Please ask her to come to TFF. There are a number of women members and as far as i know they are all highly regarded and treated with respect. Secondly flaming simply isn't tolerated on TFF and the members are such that they will put someone in their place real quick...even before moderators see the rude post.

Now if someone asks for an opinion on a particular firearm they will get honest opinions based on individual members experience. No one who asks for an opinion should get their feelings hurt if someone expressed a negative one. I mean...if you ask what is your opinion of Jennings or Hi Point pistols there will be a fair share of bashing of those particular brands.

The attitude here is any gun is better than no gun and no one should be put down because they have a particular gun either because it's all they can obtain where they live or all they can afford.

You will find this is a very friendly forum. We have differences of opinion on occasion but we never disrespect those with whom we disagree. Please invite all of your friends. The more the merrier
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

jack tell her to come on this forum i am a new shooter with a lot of questions and everyone here is eager to jump in and help and they never made me feel stupid. As all of them have told me "we all have to start somewhere"
  10. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I learned a sad fact a long time ago. Most groups contain a small number, maybe a few percent of idiots. The gun store, shooting range and most gun-related internet forums have a lot more than any few percent, more like 10% to 40%. This forum has a lot less, that's why I stay. I've been run off several forums for tangling with idiots, I shake the dust from my heels. The more disciplined the environment the less idiocy you find. You will find a lot more idiocy on a 7 yard range than at a Bullseye match, a lot more on a 100 yard rifle line with public shooting than at a benchrest match. That's what your daughter's friend encountered. I second the motion that you invite her to post here. The joint could use a little bit more class. Not that we lack class with the current bevy of beauties, Pinecone, Beth, Dianalv, et al. Just that with some of the toads here you could always use some more class to help balance them out.:D I promise to beat The Glocknut and Red off her.:D:eek:

Except me. I never told you that. I was born an expert.:D
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. azsigman

azsigman New Member

Sad to hear, Jack.
    I belong to one local shooting forum that sounds exactly like the one that you describe.
    Their minds are on holiday, but their mouths are working overtime.

Also known as constipation of the brain with diarhea of the mouth.
  12. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Jack, I am sorry for the bad experiences in the other forum. Hope you and others are more comfortable here. i haven't been here much, but the group seems good. I think a few folks on that other forum lack a certain degree of maturity and tact.
  13. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

The funny thing in this is the forum members fawning over the women as though they are going to get something they want. And they are obviously not going to get it. To treat every woman you meet as though you want to get in her pants is the height of ignorance and very disrespectful.
  14. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Geeez man, that is just down right sad!!! What the heck is wrong with some people?????

I hope your friend doesn't now think we here in the US are a bunch of jerks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
  15. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Respect is something that apparently has to be taught. Guess my pops did alright by me. Most others on this site are the same way. She doesn't have to let us know her gender, and there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.

Either way, hope this doesn't sour her on shooting.
  16. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I take my wife to the range pretty regularly and sometimes the idiots come buzzing around like files. I shoo them off. There was, still is an old range officer, a real idiot, name of Arvil who was nice to me twice in 30 years. Once he was selling something and the other time he was buttering my up to put me off guard before asking me a trick question to cause me to admit I had broken a rule (I hadn't). Other than that he was nasty. Except when my wife was there. When she was there, sugar wouldn't melt in his mouth he was so sweet. I finally told him "Look, I'm tired of you slobbering over my wife and so is she now leave us alone." He indignantly denied my accusation and I threatened him with a letter to the Board of Directors. I'm sorry he didn't take me up on the letter.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  17. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

It can't be taught to someone who does not respect their self.
  18. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Folks Thank You, this is not a slight on any nation

i also teach my own philosophy to the kids

1 in 3 ( 1 in 5 in cities) is what i teach and experience has taught me

1 in 3 is a good person, they may foul up, may make a bad mistake but inside they are good at heart

1 in 3 is bad, he may talk nice and present well , but has only his/her own interests at heart ( to a greater or lesser degree some are just icky some are real lowlives)

and 1 in 3 is a sheep who follows the loudest voice, most of these are average folks but tend not to think for themselves too much, some follow out of fear or peer pressure etc.

The voice may be bad it may be good but they'll follow it, and they'll learn later whether the choice was good or bad often to thier own detrement
    we all know people who kids fall into this and get led astray

the bigger the city or town the more sheep , it dont matter where you go its pretty much the same,

some are scared to be themselves ( in places like Afghanistan they wont say if they support you out of fear, but get em alone and you'll see a different side)

my daughter and her friend know this too

The young lady in question is overseas at the moment working but when she is back, i'll invite her along ( show her these post )

many thanks for the good will shown eh

cheers

jack
  19. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

1 in 3 is about right. In our own Revolution, that was about the number who supported the War.

Shoot 2 single shots my self, one a German Walther training rifle, smooooth, and my old Stevens. It has been to the the shop twice to build up the bolt handle which serves as the locking lug. It has started leaking gases again so I think this spring I will give it a try as I now have my own Welding machine. I sure enjoy shooting that old rifle. Couldn't guess how many thousands of rounds I've put through it.

One of the reasons I enjoy TFF so much is the good manners (generally) and respect shown especially to novices. It is also an excellence resource for so much firearms related data. It has helped me and my kids with many technical questions.

It angers me too to see the kind of disrespect your friend encountered.

We firearms owners are so disrespected in the general population. If you are pro life, pro gun, pro Constitution or a practicing Christian you can expect to get that same treatment. Those people are so intolerant. Personally I don't care what they think or do. The problem is that they do care what I think and do and try to get the Govt. to make me conform to their beliefs. They have been pretty effective around the world and now it is coming here to the US. I can see heads butted in the near future.