Now Iowa Threatens to Arrest UN Election Observers

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by steve4102, Nov 2, 2012.

1. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Iowa has joined Texas in warning international election observers of possible criminal prosecution if they violate state laws and get near polling places on Election Day.

Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz — like Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott last week — on Tuesday threatened Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe election observers with arrest if they came within 300 feet of a polling place’s entrance, in violation of state law. (In Texas, it’s 100 feet.)

“My office met with two delegation representatives last week to discuss Iowa’s election process, and it was explained to them that they are not permitted at the polls,” Schultz said in a statement. “Iowa law is very specific about who is permitted at polling places, and there is no exception for members of this group.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/texas-iowa-threaten-united-nations-officials-with-arrest
  2. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I'm surprised since Iowa leans more Liberal than Conservative, but good for them, I hope all the states do the same.
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Good for them. I'm calling the Ohio attorney general today to ask her to do likewise. We all need to hammer our governor and attorney general's offices about this. Believe me folks, if we don't derail this train now, the UN will roll right over our constitution. For crying out loud, we are a sovereign nation. Monitor our elections indeed.
  4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Maybe it will be a good thing if they monitor the election. Then they can report on the busloads of Somali non-citizens being brought to polling places and shown where to make their mark to vote Democrat. :barf:
  5. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

Good for them.
    But we need more Attr. Genrals to stand up and DO the same thing.
  6. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

You know, The UN will test this by sending some one over the line to see what hapens.
  7. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Put them in a box with food and water and send them to Syria or Libya. I understand they could use a little bit of UN expertise.
  8. MadScotsMan

MadScotsMan Member

I hope (knowing full well it'll never happen) every state follows this lead.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

no the Un will cover them and maybe even ship some more in from africa , they did so in rwanda ( congalese voting after the UN trucked em in )
  10. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

uuuummmmmm yea sure. I'm sure my Governor has them set up in the finest hotels in all of Cali. Bowing to them and all. I really have to get out of this state:mad:
  11. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I wouldnt be suprised if Obama is behing this UN monitoring stuff.If he looses he wont leave office without a fight.He will try and come up with somebody being disanfranshied not being able to vote and he will sue.Thats why I hope its a landslide for Romney.