Now, THIS is customer service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by armedandsafe, Nov 12, 2007.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I ordered 6 pairs of pants from Sportsmansguide.com, three different styles, for a friend. Two styles fit him fine, but the dress pants were not size large, but were medium. I wrote to them and told them they should get into their stock with a tape measure and check things out for actual sizes. I just received this in response.

I feel service such as this should be spread around. Not only did they replace the pants, but I get to keep the pair which fit me, no charge! :D

Pops
  2. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Glad there are still a few catalogs that understand CUSTOMER SERVICE! Probably, because you weren't talking to some person who was in a boiler room overseas.
  3. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Hey Pops, Thanks for this post as it just goes farther to reinforce my opinion of Sportsmanguide and their products. I also have had good luck with them, just haven't dealt with them on any issue such as this. catfish
  4. There are a few companies still around who do understand what customer service means, Pops, not many, but a few. My nomination would go to Smith and Wesson. A couple of years ago I accidentally damaged the finish on one of my Smith revolvers. The damage was entirely my fault, not any sort of factory defect, which I told them upfront. I contacted the factory inquiring about the cost to refinish the weapon. They said ship it in (at their expense, no less; they gave me a UPS charge number!) and they would be glad to take a look. I did, and about three weeks later I received the revolver back, completely refinished and tuned. The invoice showed no cost charged to me of any sort, either for the repair or shipping the revolver both ways. Now that is definitely customer service! :D
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Pistolenschutze, i used to get that kind of service from Ruger, too. The only reason I don't still, is because I can't figure out how to break one of them. :D

Pops
  6. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Sportsmansguide.com is an excellent site and shop with them every once and a while. Them and J&G, great sellers.
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

One always hears of bad customer service.
    It is REAL NICE to hear of good service, for a change.
  8. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Thanks for the post, I will have to look them up and try them out.
  9. Gabob

Gabob Well-Known Member

Lyman and RCBS also have good customer service policies.
    I had a Lyman Carbide .45 acp die that the carbide ring pulled out of. I called them and they sent another die at no charge. I brazed the ring back in the defective one that they did not want returned.

Had a customer who was given a new Rockchucker press for Christmas. His young daughter "oiled" it for him with Locktite. A machine shop pressed it out but ruined the ram. When I called to get the ram replaced it took them five minutes to stop laughing then they replaced the ram at no charge.
    Six months later I called for some other problem and they asked if I was the one who and called about the Locktite"oil" and started laughing again.