Now this really jerks my chain

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

warpig883
    (3/30/01 9:57:59 pm)
    Reply Now this really jerks my chain
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go to the local chain store steakhouse tonight. Wife likes the big salad bar, so like a fool I agree.
    Order 10oz. prime rib. The girl asks me how I want it cooked. I told her rare. She tells me they cannot prepare the meat rare. I said she can right done what she wants on the paper as long as it still has part of the hide and some blood on it. She asks an another employee. This one said they will cook it as rare as they can. I get it and there is not even one speck of pink in it. The smiling manager stops by and asks how everything is. I told him my meat is not rare, he looked at me like I am some sort of animal (a warpig maybe).
    Why in the hell do they even bother to ask people how they want th food cooked if all they are allowed to do is burn it.
    I did fill out a comment card that I found very hunorous. I doubt if they will find it funny though.

This is just one more example of big brother controlling how we live. Goverment regulations on how we can eat our meat.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor

gpostal
    (3/30/01 10:04:32 pm)
    Reply Re: Now this really jerks my chain
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    prime rib is pre-cooked med-rare already

you cannot order it med-rare unless you want it cold
    gpostal@hotmail.com

warpig883
    (3/30/01 10:10:44 pm)
    I told them as rare as I can get it. I have had bloody on the inside prime rib many times. They do the same damn thing on a regular steak.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor

gpostal
    (3/30/01 10:48:34 pm)
    i know exactly what you are talking about ,i like med ,but to get med i have to order med well

before i moved to the country i was a chef at the #1 Italian gourmet restaurant in stl. worked their since i was sixteen
    then i designed the menu and trained all the cooks for another big restaurant chain ,teaching people how to cook a steak is harder than you think, then to top it off most people ordering them do not know how to order them because of what you described, people are so used to getting the wrong thing they don't know it when they get it right , i CAN'T go out for a steak for this reason {i am not saying you don't know}

STEAK 101: most upper privately owned rest. buy prime rib ,it is raw they cook it until rare to med rare then slice it off per order
    and cook to desire, ok now most of the chain rest. buy them already cooked and sliced weighed and put in a vacuum bag,i call them boil in a bag because that is what they taste like, they have to do this for quantity control , and most of the cooks are young kids

problem with it is ,it is really hard to cook prime rib at the lower temps because it is in the frig. then if you did get it right it would be cold ,i would not sell a ten ounce prime rib for this reason and it is to thin and easily screwed up

rare:eek:ozing blood {usually cold}

med rare :slight blood

med :pink {no blood}

med well : no pink done

well : shoe leather

a good chef can tell by touching a steak how it is cooked ,

if you like your steak still kicking don't order prime rib at ten ounces or porterhouse or t-bone less than 16 oz

warpig883
    (3/30/01 11:07:18 pm)
    Wipe it's nose, chop off the horns and slap it on the ass.
    I love em rare.

Teeeem
    (3/30/01 11:16:52 pm)
    hehehe, amen warpig- i prefer med rare... anything i slap on the ass i would like for it to have a tan..

Kdubya
    (3/30/01 11:40:05 pm)
    OK, gents - we're starting to redline, now.
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

Mesen
    (3/31/01 2:24:22 am)
    I know what you mean about getting a steak right. I tell them to flip it over once on the grill then serve it. IF I find a place where they have a cook who actualy KNOWS how to fix a steak I usually tip them well. It's a real treat to find someone who knows.
    Bree
    If you smoke after sex you're doing it way too fast.

Xracer
    (3/31/01 9:04:11 am)
    Ya want a good prime rib? C'mon up to Minnesota......the weather sucks, but you can get a great Prime Rib. If you'll go to The Mill Creek Inn (known locally as the Gin Mill) on the west side of Buffalo Lake....Friday Night Special, Prime Rib, $13.95.

2" thick, about two pounds worth, cooked anyway you like, and you can cut it with a fork....melts in your mouth, enough for two people, and a great bone leftover for the dog!

Or if ya like fish, you can go to the Americal Legion Fish Fry......great deep fried fish, baked beans, potato salad.......all ya can eat for $6.50.

Life on the flat, boring tundra of Minnesota isn't all bad (at least on Friday nights)!

gpostal
    (3/31/01 9:21:00 am)
    if your getting bone its not prime rib

Copr6
    (3/31/01 9:30:22 am)
    A buddy of mine who is now the police chief worked in a restaurant as a cook back when he was a Detective. He told me then that the restaurant advertised prime rib but that it was actually another cut of meat similiar to prime rib. I don't recall the cut.

gpostal
    (3/31/01 9:39:11 am)
    some try rib eye ,witch is actually close but a little further down, they also have several grades of prime rib

Kdubya
    (3/31/01 6:42:07 pm)
    Cut it out, Fellers -!
    The only meat I tend to choke on is beef steak AND I LOVE THE STUFF - especially a well marbled, medium cooked on the grill, ribeye!! Damn, what I wouldn't give to be able to sit down and devour a great big ribeye, baked potato(e) with gobs of butter, chives and bacon bits, a huge spinich salad and hot garlic French bread! A big slab of pie alamode would go down well, also!!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (3/31/01 6:53:19 pm)
    I want one of them wild-eyed sheep off them Vermont farms with the mad cow disease. Got any in your back room TAC?
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (3/31/01 7:00:21 pm)
    Re: Now this really jerks my chain
    Shhhhhhhhh!

I'm saving them for the barbeque, gonna baste'em
    in Bob's Best MOLEasses!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

warpig883
    (3/31/01 7:06:27 pm)
    I just got my gut full of pheasant breast, smothered in my own homeade pheasant gravy. Cooked up 3 birds. one for me the rest for the kids.

Kdubya
    (3/31/01 10:53:35 pm)
    And to think - I've only got 2 packages of elk tenderloin left in the freezer. Everything else is long gone!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

warpig883
    (4/1/01 5:12:20 am)
    Kdubya, can I get dibs on leftovers?