NRA and HR 5175

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Trouble 45-70, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

NRA reply to my letter re: HR 5175.

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you for contacting NRA-ILA and for providing your comments.

Please take the time to read NRA's Statement on H.R. 5175, The Disclose Act http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=13902, as well as the letter NRA sent to Congress, which should provide you more insight. http://www.nra-ila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=5888.

I would like to highlight the following:

"The NRA cannot defend the Second Amendment from the attacks we face in the local, state, federal, international and judicial arenas without the ability to speak. We will not allow ourselves to be silenced while the national news media, politicians and others are allowed to attack us freely.

The NRA will continue to fight for its right to speak out in defense of the Second Amendment. Any efforts to silence the political speech of NRA members will, as has been the case in the past, be met with strong opposition. "

Sincerely,
    Michael Land
    NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

-----Original Message-----
    From: NRA Auto Responder [mailto:nra.auto-responder@nrahq.org]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:22 PM
    To: ILA-Contact
    Subject: Contact from NRAHQ web site: Legislative and Legal Action Information

Contact type: Legislative and Legal Action Information

Name: Lawrence
    IP Address:

Message: Support for HR5175 is totally and unutterably unacceptable. The Feds lost their attempt to stifle free speech via contribution in the Supreme Court last year and now they will try muzzling light by culling the heard. How long before they move the parameters cutting out the NRA? This bunch will at the first opportunity. This is appeasement pure and simple. Churchill said appeasement is throwing everyone else to the alligators in hopes you will be the last one eaten.

The first amendment is under attack on all fronts and it is absolutely necessary to protect our 2nd amendment rights and the 2nd protects the first.

What is the NRA leadership thinking? Go on line and look at the list of anti gun rights organization and they all go back to only two or three parent organizations. Independent Gun Rights groups number in the hundreds if not thousands and you are throwing them under the bus.

I have disagreed with NRA policies in the past but this is a whole 'nuther' animal. That bill must not be passed, ever.

As for me, although I shall retain my membership in the NRA I have today joined GOA. They will at least try to fight this. I am truly ashamed that the NRA has taken this action. I have been a member since the 60s.

Respectfully,
    Lawrence
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Wow...how does it feel to get totally brushed off by a organization that you've belonged to since the 60's?
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

4. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I hope Pops won't lock this one down. Anyone that has the simple powers of deductive reasoning should be able to figure this out without any big bold red letters from me.

They have done My President, Charlton Heston a great disservice.
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

If we capitulate on the 1st, what's the point of the 2nd?
    If we throw the 1st to the wind, the rest become null and void.

The framers of the constitution were not stoopid farmers.

They created a document that lists our rights in a logical order. The 1st is of utmost importance. The 2nd in order to protect the 1st. Subjugating the 1st makes the entire document worthless.

What is the NRA thinking? For every member they have, there are many more that aren't members, who also are affected by this legislation. Those that choose not to be members should have thier 1st amendment rights stifled? WTH!?

Do they stand by the Constitution 'for members only'? They used to fight for all of us. Now, they're a country club?

Sorry folks. I just don't get it.:eek:
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

If this thread continues as it is now, it will NOT be locked. Someone starts bashing back and forth as individuals, rather than addressing the thread it WILL get locked.

Simple, eh?

Pops
  7. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Phew, I feel better Pops! :D

It pains me to see the direction they have taken since Heston resigned. I rank Charlton right up there with John Wayne and Ronaldus Maximus with the one caveat being his support for the 1968 Gun Control Act. But hey, nobody's perfect. :D

I don't know why they think appeasement will work when history had proven time and again that the only thing that stops aggression is better focused aggression. Hitler & Chamberlain all over again.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. wpage

wpage Active Member

Yet another law taking away our rights...
    What is wrong in DC?
  9. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    The Liberals in this country have tried to stiffle the free speech of those they don't like or disagree with for years. The best remedy for these people is to vote them out. We will have our chance in November. Let's exercise our rights and get rid of these un-American career politicians. TJ