NRA does it AGAIN .....

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

This article is from this morning's Red State Briefing. Rather telling, I'd say !! :mad::(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[FONT=&quot]Yet Again the NRA Sells Out Freedom to the Democrats[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]by Erick Erickson [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Monday, June 14th at 3:16PM EDT [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From the NRA press release on the day of the Citizens United decision, Wayne LaPierre called the decision “…a defeat for arrogant elitists who wanted to carve out free speech as a privilege for themselves and deny it to the rest of us.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]SOURCE[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There are few organizations purportedly on the side of freedom that aggravate me more than the National Rifle Association.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In fact, these days I cringe when I see good conservatives with their lifetime member sticker from the NRA on the back of their cars. I support Gun Owners of America, which is a consistent and uncompromising defender of the second amendment, not a weak little girl of an organization protecting itself while throwing everyone else under the bus.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But that’s what the National Rifle Association is doing. You and I are willing to stand together because we know we either stand together or hang separately. The NRA legislative strategy in the past few years has been to hang everybody else so they can be the last man standing — more interested in maintaining the veneer of bipartisanship than actually standing up for the second amendment.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Democrats are trying to come up with a new law to respond to the U.S. Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision on campaign finance rules. The NRA had objected to the Democrats’ proposal, but then secured a carve out for themselves from the legislation and have dropped their objection.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The new agreement would exempt organizations that have over one million members, have been in existence for more than 10 years, have members in all 50 states, and raise 15 percent or less of their funds from corporations, from the disclosure requirements. The NRA, with four million members, would fall into the exempted category and will not oppose the DISCLOSE Act now, according to Democratic sources.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So if you are a small organization that just started up to defend freedom, you are screwed. But if you’ve been collecting a large file of members for decades off the image of Charlton Heston while repeated screwing conservatives, you’ll be safe.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is just the NRA not wanting competition for itself. If they were really committed to freedom, let alone the second amendment, they should be encouraging more freedom loving, second amendment loving organizations to rise and fight. Instead, they are collaborating with the left to shut out competition.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Remember, the NRA had to be cajoled into opposing Sotomayor.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The NRA refused to oppose the most anti-gun Attorney General nomination in American history.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The NRA supported Dede Scozzafava and it attacked Marco Rubio.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now the NRA is endorsing the Democrat in Ohio against John Kasich while collaborating with the Democrats on restricting the freedom of speech.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Remember, the NRA also opposed taking the Heller case to the Supreme Court because it was too scared of what might happen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gun Owners of America never compromises on the Second Amendment.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The one bit of good news here is that Mitch McConnell is a serious first amendment advocate and while I’ve been open with my criticisms of him, he and I typically stand shoulder to shoulder on this issue and I hope he’ll kill it off in the Senate.[/FONT]
  2. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Add to that that the NRA ILA is in full support of Harry Reid!!! I am embarrassed that they would support the flaming progressive who has worked so hard to destroy this nation. How can this be???:mad:
  3. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Just got this in the email.

4. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

I may have to change my name.

Of course the libs are trying to drive a wedge between NRA and gun owners...
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Just another political entity looking out for its own behalf.
    The NRA is too big for its own good. Or in this case, they're not.

Thanks for flushing more of my contributions down the toilet.:mad:
    No more membership, no more to the ILA, no more shopping at the store.

No more from Bob.

Seems that the bad outweighs the good lately. It used to be a crap shoot and I gave them the benefit of the doubt.:rolleyes: You just crapped out in my eyes. How many more will be alienated?:eek: Maybe a good chlorine injection would be a good thing.

Good job Wayne. But you got yours, so what the heck...
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

NRA belongs to the gun manufactures not to gun owners.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dont feel pressured to change your name. I like it.
  8. 45nut

45nut Active Member

It's pretty easy for the libtards to drive a wedge between the NRA and freedom loving Second Amendment lovers, because the NRA is a sell out bunch of panty waist morons. I don't support them for this reason.

They are not interested in us, they are only interested in making their annual budget and keeping the money from all their lobbying contracts rolling into their bank accounts.

You might believe otherwise just as strongly as I do, but it's my opinion. IT may stink to you, but yours does to me too. Don't start none and their won't be none. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  9. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

I just have to give my opinion....GOA members claim the NRA is "bad" because the NRA compromised when pushing for carry laws in states that didn't allow any carry, by pressing forward to have these laws enacted where citizens would have to obtain a permit.....GOA believes the NRA sold us out because citizens should be able to carry without obtaining a permit.

Sometimes compromises have to be made so that you don't end up with nothing. We've seen it happen.....a Republican and Tea Party go up against each other in a primary...the loser has too much pride to drop out when they have lost and then run in the main election as an independant....in the end, even though there are more conservitive votes, the Democrate/Liberal ends up winning.....not the same, but you can see similarity in the attempt to get pro-gun laws passed....I would rather be able to carry and have to have a permit than to not be able to carry at all.

What the NRA has done is good for citizens. If they got states that would not allow carry at all, to ulimately allow carry with permits, then how much easier will GOA's job be to take those states to the next level of carry without permits? The NRA has them half way there.....be thankful GOA members. For two strong pro-gun groups to bash each other is not helpful to our cause. I want to join GOA (in addition to the NRA), but the NRA bashing must stop first. When I hear someone fairly and calmly state their concern or an issue with the NRA, I read and listen....but when their stated concern or issue is blanketed with pure hate, it makes me think they have an ax to grind and my normally open mind closes up into a defensive position. Lighten up, you may agree GOA's position more, but that doesn't make the NRA "bad"....they have done alot for us and will continue to. God Bless
  10. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

I have been an NRA member,off and on most of my life. I Quit them every time they stab us in back, and rejoin a year or two later, when I cool down. I quit for the third and last time when they SUPPORTED the Veterans Dissarmament Act and actually worked with Charles Schulmer. I have NEVER Quit GOA, or The Second Ammendent Foundation, or The Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms. With good groups out there why give your hard earned $$$ to a group that continues to work with the ENEMY!!!
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Right there with you cowboy. I don't believe they made decisions like this when Charlton Heston was president. I loved that man. especially for you Mr. Gore
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  12. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Member

I think the real problem is NRA members like some of us here who don't know anything about the people running for office in the NRA and don't bother finding out how they stand.

I never have sent in my ballot because I don't know anything about the candidates. Sounds like we need to pay more attention and vote in the NRA elections.

It probably would only take a small number of organized voters to make a difference---an NRA Tea Party!
  13. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

The NRA is a whore, and this is just more proof of the fact.

Yet again, why I will not join.
  14. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

This thread is nothing more than an attempt to make people mad and cause more division between members.
  15. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

LOL, so, controversial opinions on the NRA can NEVER be discussed because it might tick off those who are wrong? Wow. All the critics ever do is post what the NRA has done or said - and shown conclusively that the NRA is compromising across the board (advocating a loss of our right), and the comeback is "it shouldn't be talked about because it might make a few people mad?"

Ummmm, ok.

Really, I don't care if they've done a hundred good things with all their shooting programs and safety this and that, if on the flip side, they're selling us out, which is what they're doing.
  16. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

True....I'm now mad...and not at the NRA. If the NRA is so bad, how come the Democrats and Liberals absolutely hate them and consider them a threat? I will not bad mouth the NRA or GOA, both are pro-gun groups that help us.

Division between members? Yes it is happening, and that is not good when we all are here for the 2nd Amendment. Unfortunately, I now consider many of these “anti-NRA” rants to come from what I would consider conspiracy theorist
  17. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Speaking of division, I think it is time to close this thread, again.

Not because it is something that needs discussed, but because it is getting personal, again. It is difficult, I know to keep cool about something which you feel passionately, but we need to try.

Pops
  18. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

This thread was started to state a FACT. NRA was compromising the First Amendment rights of every citizen merely due to its having crafted an exemption for itself, which, BTW, is no guarantee, as that can be removed by a mere vote at any time.

The fact that they have so acted is in many news releases in the media and on the net. It is not a rumor nor is it a device to get people angry. As Jack Webb once said in a very popular TV show, "...just the facts, Ma'am!"

Retired Jurist
    Life Member of NRA, 46 years