NRA duffle bag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan42, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I just joined the NRA last week and I already got my free gift the cammo bag with the NRA insignia on the side.Very nice I needed a range bag to carry my stuff,perfect,I didnt get my card or number yet that I guess will take awhile.They want me to pick a digital copy of my mag subscribtion intstead of print to save them money.I will do that I can read online no problem glad to help save overhead.
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good to hear!
    And you got a "cammo'ed one"!!! Nice!
    I took and cut out a piece of 3/8' plyboard and fit it in the bottom and it makes it more "sturdy" for carrying heaverier "things"
  3. Jamierat

Jamierat New Member

man I joined about 2 weeks ago and all i get is a bunch of emails
  4. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Show us a pic of that mad camo bag ryan.
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You'llll be sorrrry. I had it...not anymore.
  6. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Hey give me your email fuzebox and ill email it to ya I dont know how to put it on here
  7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Give me a minute my wife just took the picture ill have it up shortly fuzebox
  8. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

here it is
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  9. Zane71464

NICE ryan! I do like the cammo!
  10. Zane71464

...matches you're shirt!
  11. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

nice looking range bag. I'm working on getting one myself ;)
    you need to update your camera, LOL
  12. One Shot

One Shot Active Member

I signed up in Dec. and didn't get the bag until a couple of weeks ago. Got the card etc within two weeks. They probably didn't put the order in until they saw how effective the promotion was.

They also tried to get me to take a pass on getting it saying it would save them money. I wasn't tickled with that ploy.

I thought it would be good for some of my turkey gear. Could use two or three of them though even though the quality might be questionable.
  13. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

A few years ago I got a simialr bag in Green with the NRA logo for rejoining for several years instead of just one. Nice bag in cammo!!
  14. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Yeah, can't complain right! I like the hard bottom idea.
  15. fordtrucksforever

fordtrucksforever New Member

I just did an early renewal for 2013. Got a $10 discount and locking blade knife. Have not seen the bags anywhere. I could use one of those.
  16. Conman

Conman Member

Please let them know that you do NOT want the emails and tell them you do NOT want the USPS mailings.

They will stop!!

They are pushing the on-line magazine. Doesn't work for me...I only read in the bathroom.............
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  17. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I would like a bag that is a little more under the radar.
  18. Juker

Juker New Member

I got one of those last year; black, with gold lettering. It was the exact same bag my wife bought at Walgreens for $5, to tote her gym clothes in. The interior of mine was mis-stitched, so much of the lining was just hanging loose. Overall, not impressed with the design, as I tote a lot of stuff to the range and didn't have much faith in it, so I threw it away.

But, hope springs eternal.

Don't overlook Goodwill. It's surprising how many people donate bags and totes; I've found quite a few that were gimmes (with a corporate logo or name) and had never been used. (I've also found a few that smelled like they'd been used to transport dead body parts, so do yourself a favor and take a whiff before purchasing.)

Eight days ago I was at Goodwill looking for "garage pants", as several pairs of my work pants had finally surpassed my wife's considerable sewing skills. Picked up three pairs of brand new Land's End corduroys (less than $4 each), and wandered over to the pile o'luggage, where I found this treat. A law firm gimme, brand new, $2.98. It is way beyond my other range bangs, with a buckled shoulder strap (not a dog leash clip), heavy duty zippers and stitching, heavy mesh pockets on the end perfect for ear muffs, etc. It also has a heavy canvas strap/handle sewn on one end.

When I got home, the nearest thing to it I could find online was $79. As I did with my other bags, I cut a piece of 3/8" plywood, wrapped it in black cloth, and attached the cloth to it with 1/4" staples (new bottom panel, inserted under the existing panel). The main cavity is 10"x13", plus another 3"-4" on each end for those big mesh pockets.

Attached Files:

• RB2.jpg
      RB2.jpg
      File size:
      149.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  19. Juker

Juker New Member

Bonus shot, showing buckled strap, mesh end pocket with ear muffs, and canvas handle. This appears to be marketed by a company called Gemline, which does all sorts of promotional merchandise, but I haven't found this exact bag on their website. That logo in the first photo is Sidley & Austin (law firm).

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      209.2 KB
      Views:
  20. Juker

Juker New Member

To emphasize what you can find at Goodwill - that same day I also found this heavily padded Rayovac case, presumably used to tote around some sort of battery gizmo or tester. Completely unused, like a jumbo shaving kit on steroids, heavily reinforced. Has a lift-out pad, showing my P95. Point is, this is nicer than any pistol range bag I have, and I only paid .98 (yes, 98 cents) for it.

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      208.2 KB
      Views: