1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by DRB, Apr 6, 2012.

1. DRB

DRB New Member

My daughter and I have started the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program and I just received some AP-2 (Bianchi) targets from http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/competition/. I want to know how to score these targets because they don't have any numbers on them. The AP-2 are the recommended targets for the 15 foot firing position.

More specifically, are the scoring rings 10, 8, and 5 as shown in the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program handbook; and is the whole 'tombstone' area a score of 5?

Thanks,

Dan
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Waldog

Waldog Member

You didn't say which course of fire; pistol, High Power, Silouette, etc.. If you are doing Pistol with the AP targets, scoring is as follows, black = x, next ring is 10, next ring is 8, any shot outside the last ring is a 5. IMPORTANT if a bullet hole "touches" a ring, even though the majority of the bullet hole is outside the ring, you get credit for the HIGHER value.

It's fun! GOOD DAD for doing this with your daughter. I have two grown daughters and both are outstanding shots and LOVE SHOOTING. Both shoot competively; USPSA, IDPA.

If you daughter is young enough, there is good college scholarship money available for woman shooters. Just something to think about.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

scholarship for women shooters? now u tell me:rolleyes:
  4. DRB

DRB New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is pistol qualification and just to clarify; is the whole 'tombstone' area of the target 5 points? I did know about scoring the rings, but thanks for adding that info anyway.

Scholorship! Now I just need to get my other 3 kids into shooting.

Thanks again,

Dan