NRA Pistol Qualification

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Tony Mig, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

On a whim, I desided to challenge myself with the NRA pistol qualification.
    I did the 50 foot qualification using the B-2 slow fire targets. It calls for 10 shots into 6 targets at 50', with a minimum score of 40 per target. I had 16 B-2 targets, so I just posted targets, and shot until I ran out of targets. Out of the 16 I shot, I had to throw 5 of them out do to low scores...(one of which was a 39:rolleyes: ).....I had enough qualifying targets to achieve "Pro-Marksman", and I was one good target short for "Marksman".
    Next week I'll have a head start since the 5 remaining targets that I didn't need to score for Pro-Marksman can count toward the next grade of Marksman, I'll shoot for hitting that and Marksman 1st Class......hell, I may even go for Sharpshooter....:D
  2. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Well I went for the big one and achieved it.....I'm now an NRA ranked Pistol Sharpshooter.
    Out of a pack of 20 targets, I only had to throw out 2, and the rest earned me the rank of "Marksman", "Marksman 1st Class", and "Sharpshooter", plus I have 2 targets already shot for "Sharpshooter Bar 1".

Now it gets even more challenging since I have to shoot both slow fire, and rapid fire targets to achieve each of the 9 bars before I can take the ultimate challenge of Expert, and Distinguished Expert.

For the most part, shooting paper targets can be boring, but challenging yourself like this sure has made it a lot of fun, and really improves your shooting.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

WTG, Tony!![​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Nice going, Tony.

Glad to hear that one living in the Democratic Peoples Republic of New Joisey not only likes to shoot, but is a sharpshootin'marksman to boot.