NRA works in mysterious ways

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by RedHawk, Jun 27, 2011.

1. RedHawk

RedHawk Former Guest

I have researched it over and over and yes sometimes it seems that the NRA is backstabbing themselves and the community ,but if you look at the big picture drastic steps sometimes need to be taken , they have to take the bad with the good, you know like when (an example) a politician writes a 40% increase in there COLA's on page 36 ,paragraph 4 regarding the passage of a new Pro gun law (fictitious, folks relax) ,what would be the better of the arguments , trash there cola's or trash the gun law? It baffles me sometimes when I read the legislation that the NRA supports , you have to read it with a microscope and it has to be read in Legal description in order for it to make sense!

Trust me , if you just read it like the newspaper its gonna make you mad!!Take your time and thoroughly read it , dissect it !

This is a game and its called politics , if we're GONNA beat the anti gunners we have to play there game and we have to play there game BETTER THAN THEM!
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Hawk, this is a very arguable matter that pops up now and again.

Ya love 'em or ya hate 'em.

50 years ago, the NRA had its purpose. It has since degraded to a political machine bent on the board members greed.

They've done much more damage than good. Capitulation has never been an option when the 2nd is concerned in my opinion. Yet the NRA has given up inch by inch. Baby steps will lead us all off the cliff. It's all about the money, and they know the hand that feeds them. Too bad the members dont' understand the underlying issues.

That is all from here.
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

That about sums it up right there.

If you truly believe in our Rights support somebody that also truly believes in our Rights like the GOA for example.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I am a life member. I dont agree with alot of what they do. But they are still the only org. that puts pressure on libs concerning gun control. When another org steps up with more power, let me know. Until then, I have to stand with them. And, I might add, division is deadly. A house divided cannot stand. Pro gunners better stick together. Especially now.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I agree with you again Double D! Everyone jumped the NRA for not getting behind Rand Paul's bill, amendment # 363, but when you look at what the NRA points out in that bill, you understand where they are coming from.

"While well-intentioned, the language of this amendment as currently drafted raises potential problems for gun owners, in that it encourages the government to use provisions in current law that allow access to firearms records without reasonable cause, warrant, or judicial oversight of any kind".
  6. RedHawk

RedHawk Former Guest

Thats my point carver entirely ! If your gonna play you gotta play there game and you gotta play better at there game!

For those of you who dont believe in the NRA and think that some lil .org that has 50,000 members will have a voice in congress , wake up , get out of that dream , Im sorry but the little 2nd amendment foundation is a peanut gallery of bs , they have no say in congress , they dont have the power , yes the NRA is a political machine and it is all about money because without the politics and money , you have nothing more than another progun group that talks alot but cant ever get anything done ! Theres no other PRO GUN organization on the planet that can get things done, name one group that has the money and political clout to sway the demoboobs in anything???

There are none , like DD said we dont have to agree with everything they do , I didnt agree with everything Reagan said or did , but the whole picture was worth believing in him !

Great point DD :
    Those of you who are against the NRA , might as well turn in your guns to the anti's now , we really dont need "wishy washys" on our side, I think if you look at the smaller orgs that you might tout , you'll find that the leadership is all NRA, they would have to be , it would be ignorant to have a pro gun organization and not be on board with the NRA!

You think Charlton Heston worked for free? He was big dollar , but he brought in millions more , is Wayne worth the millions he earns ? read what I said , he EARNS every nickel , who else has his kind clout in Washington ? He is the premier Lobbyist!!! Its there game folks , if we want the brightest minds we have to pay for them , if you owned a business , would you hire all the losers in town just to save a few dollars? Or would you hire the best? Just think if your local Police department just hired the guys that past the written test? Wow , you would have some professionals wouldnt you?

Im sorry and I dont mean to bark , but some issues have become increasingly passionate to me (Our way of life is at stake here) , this is one of them , our rights could and will be infringed upon , without the help of the NRA , IT WILL HAPPEN ,and it isnt just the 2nd amendment at stake!!!! If the 2nd can be beaten , why not the 3rd ? the 4th? etc,etc!!!

Alot is at stake gents!
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I won a year's membership here. I am really considering becoming a life member. Do you have to be a life member to go to their dinners & rallies? Or do you just have to be a member?
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Redhawk, sent you a pm....
  9. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

That statement is ridiculous. Just because someone has a differing opinion on this issue does NOT mean they're wishy washy on the 2nd Amendment. In fact, I would say they are actually a more ardent supporter/defender of the 2nd Amendment right. They see compromise as a path that leads to a loss of rights ultimately, and I think that case can be made concerning the NRA's actions of late. Just because they are the biggest guy on the playground doesn't mean they are right or doing what they do for the right reasons.

If you want "wishy washy" on the 2nd Amendment and its interpretation, one only has to look at our Supreme Court. They are a major FAIL in that department.
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

11. RedHawk

RedHawk Former Guest

well Im certain the anti gun lobby could come up with a dozen reasons why the NRA is no good for the population , and if you feel content just telling people how the 2nd amendment is your right , dont be offended when the government takes away that right , when Eric Holder gets his way because thousands maybe hundreds of thousands of people yelled and shouted , "the 2nd amendment is our right" , he doesnt listen ! You people who think the NRA is about making money and they dont do any good for us , get real people ! Who else is gonna stand up to congress? Can any one name a group that has the power to stand up to congress , the president , the IMF!!!!!

Feel free to put a tooth under your pillow at night and believe the tooth fairy will make your dreams come true, it doesnt happen!

The NRA in its easiest interpretation is a UNION for all gun owners , think about it , ther is no other UNION of gun owners as strong as the NRA, none! But if you dont want to give your money to them thats fine , but quit denigrating the NRA , those of us who believe know better , even those who dont believe like some of you in here (know better)!
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Union.

That's perfect.

There are many threads on the NRA here. Some folks love 'em, and some folks can't stand them. I'll not do your research for you, as it's a learning experience.

The NRA may be the 800lb gorrila, but when the gorilla breaks my fingers, they hurt just the same. More so when I'm advocating it.

Lies, deception, and balderdash. It's all about the money

They claim they are a 'one' ammendment organization. Support the 2nd. Yet they completely disregard the 1st. The facts are out there.

The NRA has supported Harry Reid for years. Seriously? And when it came to the nomination of Elena Kagan for SCOTUS, they were silent. That's just a couple facts.

I may be out of line here, but if we don't have a 1st, why do we need a 2nd?

Forgive the anaolgy, but if my fingers are broken enough times, I won't be able to pull a trigger. Don't tell me it will only hurt for a little while and break 'em again. All the while asking me to contribute to the disfigurement.

Did I mention I hate this topic?:(
  13. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Pointing out the way the NRA has acted in the past is not denigrating them at all, nor does it make me or anybody anti-gun, unless of course they are.

If the NRA truly believed in our Natural Rights >>>THIS POST<<< would have never been made. I'm sure that after you read it you will see what some of us are talking about. It might even change your mind about supporting them, but if it doesn't, you will at least be aware of their history.

Yes the biggest may be the NRA but that does not make the best by any means. I do believe that in the recent court cases it has been the SAF that has had the biggest impact on our Second Amendment rights.

As BobItIs said, capitulation on a natural right is wrong.
    Nothing can erase the NRA's history of capitulation, therefore I can not in good will support them.

I will not denigrate you for supporting them even if you decide not to change your position. As a matter of fact I will hope that members will stand up inside the NRA and stop them from capitulating in the future. Good luck and God Bless ya if you can.
  14. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I'm with Redhawk. I think the shear numbers alone scare the antis and dems. The NRA isn't perfect, but I don't see people loosing elections and blaming the GOA or other organizations for beating them. They always say the NRA stopped them. As long as they fear the power of the NRA lobby I'm for 'em! Politics is politics, and the NRA knows how to play. Not knocking the others, they just don't currently have the power to effect election outcomes like the NRA membership.
  15. VinnieV1

VinnieV1 New Member

Redhawk hit the nail on the head when he points out that the NRA is the ONLY organization standing up to the government for our second ammendment rights. Congress listens to numbers and NRA has millions. Bill Clinton admitted that one of the problems he had with Congress was the NRA. If the NRA caused Clinton problems, that's reason enough to make me proud to be a member. All gun owners should be members if they want to KEEP their guns. Join the NRA today!