NRA

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by old semperfi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    I HOPE NOT TO GET IN TROUBLE FOR WHAT IM ABOUT TO SAY BUT APPARENTLY THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM THAT ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE NRA.YOU SHOULD BE.THEY ARE MAJOR IN PROTECTING OUR GUN RIGHTS,NOBODY ELSE WILL.I ALSO KNOW THAT QUITE A FEW QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM HAVE BEEN ADDRESED BY THEIR INFO.(THATS WHERE I FOUND IT)I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR OVER FORTY YEARS AND WITH THE EDUCATION I HAVE GOTTEN FOR AMERICAN RIFLEMAN AND AMERICAN HUNTER I AM A MUCH MORE PREPARED GUN OWNER.......THEIR FIREARMS INSURANCE IS UNDERWRITTEN BY LLOYDS OF LONDON AND I INSURE MY GUNS A LOT CHEAPER THAN I CAN BUY A SAFE TO KEEP THEM IN,AND CHEAPER THAN I CAN BUY ELSEWHERE.I HAVE PURCHASED THE FIRST YEAR MEMBERSHIP AS GIFTS FOR A NUMBER OF FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.I KNOW MOST OF THEM HAVE KEPT IT UP.DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR YOUL NOT REGRET.......JOIN THE NRA........ OLD SEMPERFI
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you on this one old semperfi.
    If it wasnt for the NRA, think of what the Govt could do and still trys to do.
    The NRA is the one biggest organizations that stands up for our 2nd amendment and if we the people arnt with them on protecting out rights, they can't do it alone.
    And I agree with you on the benifits as well...that's all a +!
    IMO, all gun owners should be a member. If you own a gun, you need the backing of the NRA. As everyone knows, this administration is trying like heck to "disarm" the law abiding citizen.
  3. Tnhunter

Tnhunter New Member

I certainly agree with the information here reference being a member of the NRA. Think just for a moment, what you'd do if/when we found highly restrictive gun control laws being input by our semi-new liberal govt. Now, is it not worth a box of shells (the value!) to JOIN THE NRA??:eek:

I would caution, however the blind use of their gun insurance. I got a rider for my homeowner's policy that covers every gun I own for loss/theft, or whatever at FULL replacement value. This policy cost me $8. more per year than the policy offered by NRA's carrier and has allowed me to work locally with a company I already have had business with for many years.

Simple soulution, become a member! (if you are not now). Safeguard your freedoms and your guns! Make sure you are insured!
  4. blackcat_attilio

blackcat_attilio Member

Just done, even if I'm in Italy. ;)
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Why would you get in trouble.
    Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
    Even if it IS wrong. :p

Might as well join the Brady bunch too.

With the exception of the GCA of "68"
    (which they were initially IN FAVOR OF)
    They HELPED PASS most every ANTI-GUN law since 1932.

Want to know what they are doing RIGHT NOW in Iowa? :mad:
    Click on the following link.
    http://tinyurl.com/yjdtv4q

Want to see more of the truth about the NRA?
    Click on the link below.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=46537
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

We would not be where we are today without the NRA, and of course other pro-gun groupsas well...but the NRA has by far done the most for us. As long as they continue to keep getting gun laws less restrictive, then I will always re-up each year.
    However, they can be annoying by calling so much and asking for money...I believe there are those on the TFF that do not like the NRA because of this or because the NRA actually chooses to try to raise money....but the way I look at it, who cares? What business wouldn't try to raise more money to be able to push their agenda farther? ...and sometimes the NRA may not gets what it wants and has to settle for something less....sometimes you have to just take a slice of bread even though you wanted the whole loaf if the alternative is getting nothing at all.
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Semperfi, I am a life member of the NRA and also a certified NRA instructor. I promote the NRA in all of my concealed classes. I am a firm believer in what they have done for us and that they continue to stand in the gap for us daily. Please dont be offended that there are people here who have a totally different outlook on this organization. As with any org. as large as the NRA, you will have internal problems and power struggles and such. People will be people. Money seems to have a negative affect on many people and it causes greed and temptation. The NRA is no exception to the rule.

I have read the opposing views on this issue. Many of which I deem very liberal. I have not overlooked these arguements, but have weighed them out and compared them to the good that has come from this org. and have come to the conclusion that the NRA has saved us from some rediculous legislation. Their ability to stand in the gap for me has earned them my support. I agree with your view that we should get behind them. But there are some here that completley and totally disagree so prepare yourself.
  8. cakes

cakes New Member

I have signed up for a couple of their free 1 year memberships in the past, but the NRA will NEVER see a dime of my money.

I am a gun owner that does not like the NRA. I don't think every gun owner should be a member. I think everyone should decide if the NRA is right for them. Any time someones asks me if they should join, I tell them to avoid the NRA like the plague.
  9. flintlock

flintlock Active Member

If you don't care for the NRA for whatever reason, than join a different group that supports gun rights. The Second Ammendment Foundation or the GOA, or whatever else is out there. The point being do something to help protect the 2nd AMMENDMENT!

NRA life member
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I will second the thought of joining some form of movement to protect our rights. If you don't think that the NRA is the place to join, then join something else. Together we stand, divided we fall. A proud NRA member, and supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, as well as the entire Constitution. If I am willing to put my life on the line for what I believe, then why not a little of my money?
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  11. cakes

cakes New Member

I completely agree.
  12. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    CAKES,I AGREE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISAGREE BUT WHATS YOUR GRIPE ABOUT NRA...........I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND HAVE YET TO SEE A REASON NOT TO JOIN........ALL THINGS GIVEN,THE TECHNICAL INFO I HAVE GOTTEN OVER THE YEARS IS WELL WORTH THE PRICE...................OLD SEMPERFI
  13. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

I am no longer a member with them either, for most of the same reasons iterated here and in Pickenup's valuable links.

Perhaps, read them. :D
  14. Double D

I have read all of what he has posted. I am still a strong supporter of the NRA. Like I stated eariler, alot of those views are very liberal views that I cant and wont embrace. Some is real good info. Its totally up to each person. But, as stated, we should get behind the org. of our choice and support them.
  15. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

my local gun shop gives $10 off a new gun and $5 off used one for being a member. that is well worth the the dues right there.
  16. cakes

cakes New Member

On the political side of things, I do not see eye to eye with them on most topics. There are other organizations that I do agree with and support.

On the other side of the NRA(the side that promotes safety and training), I don't agree with where my money would go, and I don't agree with some of their policies in this area. I support local groups(with money and time) when it comes to these matters.

People ask, "What would we do without the NRA?". I say, "The same thing we are doing now, but with less overhead cost."
  17. lanceb152

lanceb152 New Member

semper fi have you noticed cakes can't seem to find an answer.
  18. Double D

Thats a matter of opinion. There are several anti-gun laws that we would be living with without the NRA. They shoot down a bunch of garbage all the time.
  19. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i joined NRA before i even got my permit, someone has to fight for us
  20. cakes

cakes New Member

Do I need an answer? If I just said, "I don't like their logo" wouldn't that be enough? I stated why I'm not a member of the NRA. The reason behind MY decision doesn't need to be good enough for YOU. It needs to be good enough for ME.