NRA's latest DISCLOSE-ure

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Jun 19, 2010.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Pops
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Then this came in today from Washington Examiner
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...illain-in-the-free-speech-fight-96597144.html

Pops
  3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

"Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice.

Let me see if I get this right. The Supreme Court says that organizing to pay for adds is free speech. That speech is not liked by Congress so they write a Bill to limit free speech but allow a few exceptions. So, if you want to sponsor an add, thereby exercising your free speech rights you can do so only by membership in a Congressionaly approved group.

That should work out real well.

It is interesting that by trying to protect itself the NRA is put in a position of opposing free speech for others.

If this isn't evidence of the perfidy of those in the 111th Congress I don't know what is. Talk about Divide and Conquer. The Deviousness of this bill should spell its own demise and yet there are members of Congress who would force this on an unsuspecting electorate. These people must go and never be allowed in Govt. again ever.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

All legislative reps backing this bill must be voted out!
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Not quite. It actually means that you cannot exercise your free speech in an ad unless you belong to certain groups or do it all by yourself.

Pops
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

And what constitutes an 'ad'?
    Anything written on something?
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Whatever they say it is. Radio, TV, newspaper, magazine, etc. Maybe yard signs, if they say so.

Pops
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Is the American flag next?
    Gadsden? POW/MIA?

We've already attacked the Confederate flag. What's next?

It's Ok to burn the Stars and Stripes as a form of protest, but you will no longer be able to fly it in support of our nation?

USA support = bad. USA condemnation = good?

I think I'm going to be ill.:mad::(
  9. 45nut

45nut Active Member

What Bob said.............exit, stage right! :D :D Please look to your right and observe the huge rabbit hole the US went down in 2010............

This all seems kind of moronic, doesn't it?
  10. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

Fixed it for ya :D