NY Truck Gun

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by NY_GUNFIGHTER, Jun 4, 2007.

?

NY Truck Gun

Poll closed Jun 8, 2007.
  1. AR-15 (30 round mags taboo in this state)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Remington 870 (18" Cyl bore, 6+1)

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Marlin Leveraction in a pistol caliber like 44 mag or 45 Long Colt

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. A surplus rifle (M44, Turkish Mauser, SKS etc)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. NY_GUNFIGHTER

NY_GUNFIGHTER New Member

I'm looking for a long gun to keep in the truck. It needs to be a short/medium (0-150 yards) distance weapon that won't get me sued or arrested if i need to use it. The list of weapons i own is in my signature, but I could spend about $400 for a long gun if needed. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks much!
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Me personall I would say a SKS they are cheap shoot good have a powerfull round and take abuse good. My second would be the shotgun but if you want to be able to hit somethin at 150 yards a shotgun ain't gonn reach it easily exspecially a 18 inch barrel
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

4. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

When I lived in NY and was old enough to have a gun, in the 70s and 80s, in my truck always was a shotgun, kept hidden in the pouch of my seatcover...even when I was away at college.:cool:

Of course, I lived in Erie County, and hung out in and traveled alot the back roads of Cattaraugus and Alleghany Counties for work and school, which were at the time shotgun-only for deer, so it's not like we had any rifles around to speak of, and by that time I was already out of affordable ammo for the Steyr Straight-pull I owned...:p

With birdshot, buck, and slugs, I was prepared for anything, from the unexpected invitation to go squirrel or grouse hunting, or for deer, or two-legged varmints that might happen along when I was changing a flat or something.....
  5. I must agree with Polish. Go with the shotgun, and carry an assortment of ammo with you ranging from bird shot to slugs.
  6. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

I'm starting to come around to Polish's and Pistolen's point of view. Maybe a 870 with a short barrel would be your best choice.

If you are worried about being sued, maybe the webname "NY Gunfighter" is not the best choice . . . . :D :D :D