Nylon 66 Speedloader

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Old Gun Guy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

I don't know if anyone else has posted this idea, and if they have I'll apologize in advance. Some of my favorite .22 rifles to shoot are my nylon 66s. I got tired of loading 14 rounds in their magazines, so I came up with this shortcut. These are 3/8" ID tubes made from a material called "PEX" available at the home depot. I cut them to a length of 14.5", plugged one end with a rubber plug, and used a "push/pull" fastener trimmed off for the stopper. With these tubes I can reload in less than 3 seconds. I am enclosing some pics of what they look like. I'll be making alot more of these in the future. These 4 costs me less than $2.50 to make. I hope this will help someone like it did me. Now I can spend my time shooting at the range, and do the loading at home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:
  2. moosebox76

moosebox76 New Member

i always wanted to do that i have a nylon and a marlyn 60 i wonder if it works for the model 60 great idea
  3. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Great idea OGG! Sure wish you could come up w/a way to speedload my Mohawk 10C & Marlin Papoose! :rolleyes:

(they both have a 7rd detatchable box magazine! :p)

SR :D
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

You do know that they sell the same thing commercially.
  5. Old Gun Guy

Old Gun Guy Member

RJay,
    I didn't know that they are commercially available. Do you know who manufactures them?
    Old Gun Guy
  6. 22dave

22dave New Member

Dude, That's a great idea. I think I will make some for myself.
  7. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Love those nylon 66s.
    One of the best 22s ever made imho.
    I still have the one I bought new in 59 for $68 and I cannot imagine how many rounds it now has through it.
    I used it when I was running my trap lines in Wy during the 50s and 60s then my little brothers used it while I was in the service.
    Still accurate and dependable with or without scope.
    Thanks for the idea on quick loading and even if I can buy one at the store, I like the idea of building my own, so thanks for the suggestions.

UF
  8. moosedog

moosedog New Member

Back in the 60s we used to go to the State Fair and for a quarter you used a Winchester model 74 Gallery Gun in 22 short to try and shoot out the Red Star on a piece of paper and win a prize. The guy running it had tubes made up with the shorts that he would speed load the rifles with. He carried the tubes in an apron.
    Can't image doing that today.