1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Obama and Islam

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by petesusn, Feb 19, 2010.

1. petesusn

petesusn New Member

This is "supposedly" the video that FOX NEWS has been trying to show that is constantly blocked by the administration.
    Watch this QUICKLY--I am sure it will get ZAPPED OFF the Internet soon!

I have not had the time to verify it's accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28
  2. JohnBrainard

JohnBrainard New Member

I don't care for how the video was edited. Obama is cut off mid-sentence in way too many places. I'd like to know more of the context these statements are placed in. For example, when the video states that Obama even quotes from the Koran, they show him saying "The holy koran says" and then cuts him off. That happened four or five times right in a row.

There is a lot of telling stuff in the video, though. It would be nice to have references to all the source material.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I too question the 'ethics' behind the video.
    Cut and paste is ugly in any matter.

Don't matter if it's Clinton, Bush, Obomba, or global warming.

The video is worthless without context.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for the man.
    But he gets the same rights as the rest of us. The right to not be quoted out of context. You can't just pick and choose your talking points.

Well you can....., But you lose any credibility in the process.

There has to be meat with the potatoes. Without it, you get porridge.

He's said enough 'in context' to cause the people serious concern.

This video only serves to make conservatives look like hate mongers.

I for one, wish it would go away.
    It serves no good to our cause.
  4. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I think it is a good synopsis of who he is and some of what he has said. The funny (not ha ha) thing is that he seems to be speaking the truth about who he is in these excerpts. Kind of like when he said, 'you can tell a lot about me by who I surround my self with'.. Van Jones and others of his ilk comes to mind.

I have seen about 4 of the tapes from which the excerpts were taken and the excerpts made a fair representation of what he had to say. Given that, I tend to give credence to the content of the other excerpts. These excerpts speak for themselves and to watch the tapes from which they were taken, if all gathered in one place, would take the best part of a day.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I personally can not speak as to wheather the video has been doctored or not. But I can tell that he did say "I am one". I was watching that speach on TV when he said it.