Obama chasing money in Swiss banks

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Mjolnir, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Didn't Thomas also say that there was no longer a need for him to run for president because the Democratic Party was the same thing as him?
  2. vetz76

vetz76 New Member

Seems like I read that he did say that. And they are carrying the water for them very well.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The elitists don't pay 1.4%... It's a fact that the top 5% of earners pay the VAST majority of taxes at 60.63% in 2007. Even as tax rates on the rich were cut between 2001 and 2007, the rich paid a higher total tax burden as they were able to grow their wealth and create new jobs which all of us prospered from...

Think of it this way. I tax you at 25% of your $1.00 income. You pay a quarter on that dollar. I cut your taxes to 20% but you use that extra 5% of money you withhold to invest in business creation. The investment grows your wealth to $1.50 the next year. Now, I tax you on $1.50 at 20% the following year and I collect $0.30 in taxes as opposed to the $0.25 at the 5% tax rate from the previous year. I have effectively increased my tax base by 20% while cutting your taxes.

It doesn't sound right but that is effectively what has historically happened by cutting taxes on the wealthy, who can afford to invest and create jobs. That 20% additional in taxes levied can be used to give Big Ugly a tax cut. Big Ugly has more disposable income and therefore starts spending. Spending provides stimulus for businesses to expand and the economy grows in output, which creates new jobs. Like it or not, when you leave the wealthy out of the equation you cut your own throat. :eek:

The rest of us got a fairly large tax cut between 2001 and 2008 even as the wealthy got a cut. The reason is explained above... I won't elaborate on this again as I've posted about it many times before. The short and sweet of it is that cutting taxes on the rich has historically meant an economic boom, which meant a higher gross take in of taxes and an opportunity to lower taxes on the lower and middle classes. A flat tax has the potential of helping the rich and hurting the poor and middle class earners. A tax collected by way of a national sales tax would definitely benefit the rich more so than us peons. :eek:

See the following thread for a more detailed explanation with links to sources of data...

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=56886
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, Barry needs to squeeze out every dime of tax money he can from everyone he can to pay for his Nazi-style Euathanize 'em All Population Control Law...er...I mean Healthcare "reform" bill and to make sure his non-working, lazy ass, welfare mooching supporters have that gov't coin every month:rolleyes: CommieCare ain't gonna be cheap:rolleyes: Pretty soon, the feds will make not paying taxes to be one of the most serious crimes one can commit, much like it was in Nazi Germany.
  5. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

How about Bernie Madoff and the billions of dollars that no one seems to know where it has all gone. Let them look at the swiss accounts and they just may find something there. If there are no crooks with bank accounts there then they have nothing to worry about.
  6. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

This is the simplicity that "intelligent" liberals refuse to understand.
  7. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Is it fair to have a higher tax on someone because they make more money? Is it fair for those making money to pay taxes to support those who are unwilling to work?

The 'fair' is where you ride the ponies. Life isn't 'fair' - that's why it's called 'life' (and not 'fair'!). :) :)
  8. obxned

obxned New Member

The mental illness that is Europe has fully infected the Swiss. How sad.
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Fair tax rates? When 1/2 the people pay no Fed. or State tax? Just wondering, of the 5000 accounts being investigated, how many, what percentage, are opponents of Obamas policies and how many, what percentage, are supporters of Obamas policies.
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

You'll find out when/if they announce the ones being prosecuted for tax evasion.
  11. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

When 1/2 the people pay no Fed. or State tax?

My point in prev post. All should pay.
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's correct. They do choose not to understand it... Economics is magical mystery dust to some people. I talked to two liberals this week who refuse to even accept basic economic arguments. I invited them to counter my economic points but they refused, citing that it's just too complicated. (NOTE: This is their typical ploy... They refuse to argue on merit but rather what should be in their opinion) Well, everything is too complicated if you refuse to invest time in studying the subject. You'll see the same mentality in the person responding in the thread I linked above. Simply put, they're willfully ignorant... :eek: Understanding the economics of the situation would shatter their emotionally-driven preconceived notions of how the world works. I've yet to see even one of the morons argue a true economics-based debate on any subject they hold dear. Economics is dang near science. Liberals prefer philosophy... :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  13. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Don't think for a minute that an arrangement wasn't made to transfer the funds before the info got out. He will take care of his nest egg without a doubt.

similar to the US guaranteeing 2 bil in loans to Petrobras( Brazilian offshore drilling outfit) that George Soros just happened to invest multi millions into just recently. Imagine that.
  14. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Where are all those Obama loving gun owners when you need them to explain how all this will be great?
  15. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

The thing that amazes me is how Obama can reach out and force someone to accept his thinking.

Swiss Banks were famous for their discretion and would never knuckle under to any country before this. Governments have wanted to look at people's bank accounts before now and had no luck.

Why can Obama pull this off?

He must have something on everyone.
  16. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Read a little lower in the forum. I posted in this thread on why I believe the Swiss are becoming more transparent. It was posted after this thread yet only got one response. I'm not surprised, as most threads that try to exchange actual evidence and talk fact go dormant quickly. :rolleyes: I believe that what my theory shows is that this goes higher than Obama. ;)

Here's the contents of the other thread.

I guess I need to include "Obama" in the title of every thread. Those seem to be the only ones that get read. Guys, this trend is somewhat proving that we're pretty close to liberals in that rhetoric goes much further than fact and rational discussion. :eek:
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009