Obama Healthcare & Being Anti-Gun

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hogger129, Feb 25, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I am just wondering what exactly in Obama's proposed health care legislation is anti-gun? I really just want to know for myself. I do not want his legislation to pass even if it's just "free" health care - because it would just be another burden on the taxpayer - but I especially don't want it to pass if it is anti-gun in any way. I want to tell other people about it too. Could somebody be more specific and point it out to me? Thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

It's classified super-super secret. Not even he knows.:rolleyes:
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

They should option this to offer it to people who have no insurance.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

It's not the fact that it's openly anti-gun, per se. Its' the fact that some of the wording can be twisted around by the gov't to restrict people's ownership of firearms. Such as the stipulation that everyone MUST have gov't approved insurance under penalty of fine levied by the IRS (i.e., a tax) or prison, but that the gov't run medicare-type program can be denied to someone who lives a "dangerous lifestyle." And who decides what a "dangerous" lifestyle is? Kathrine Seblius, that's who. And remember, she's very anti-gun. There's also the part that would allow ANY gov't agency to go trolling through your medical records at any time and without your permission. That includes ATF. Nevada Harry even admitted that there was the possibility for trampling on people's 2nd Amendment rights in the Senate bill, so he had some "firearms protection" lines added as a sop to try and get support for it. But the main thing is that this bill will give the feds invasive control over the very minutae of our lives, and once they have that kind of control, they WILL want more.

Just say NO to AdolfCare.
  5. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

""the main thing is that this bill will give the feds invasive control over the very minutae of our lives, and once they have that kind of control, they WILL want more.

some of the wording can be twisted around by the gov't to restrict people's ownership of firearms""

These two sentences sum up your fears. It is all about CONTROL!